Depend on SHP's comprehensive and best-selling core texts to enrich your understanding of A Level History.
SHP Advanced History Core Texts are the Schools History Project's acclaimed books for A level History.
- clear and penetrating narrative - comprehensively explaining the content required for examination success
- thought provoking and relevant activities that explore the content and help students think analytically about the subject
- thorough exam preparation through carefully designed tasks that address the distinctive requirements of A Level history including guidance in essay writing and source-based investigations.
- a wide range of revision strategies including structured content summaries
Additional features include:
- A focus route pathway for independent learners
- Learning Trouble Spots - which address common misunderstandings
- diagrammatic summaries of key areas of content and historical issues
- accessible summaries of recent historical debates.
- active learning approaches, including decision-making exercises
The Reign of Elizabeth 1558-1603
This title investigates the achievements and failures of, Elizabeth's governments and the changing nature of English society at this time. It explores the ongoing historiographical debate about the period.
Major themes include: