on 3 September 2012
The TV series is my all time favourite ...... I absolutely love the attention to detail and the first class acting .
Michael Kitchen is wonderful in the lead role but he is ably backed up by Anthony Howell and Honeysuckle Weeks .

The Book throws light on events portrayed in the series and really does prove that fact can be and often is stranger than fiction .

A first class read and thoroughly recommended for all fans of the TV Series .
on 6 January 2011
A very good read, with excellent photographs from the television series.
Although the stories were fictional, the book gives well researched historical evidence to give credence to every episode.
on 18 March 2012
My dad is a massive fan of Foyle's War, and I bought this on a whim, because it was one of the only bits of Foyle's War merchandise that I could find. I expected it to be little more than a coffee table book, but what it manages to do is link the plots of the show to real-life issues of WW2, and also show an insight into how particular storylines from the programme were inspired. It contains hundreds of photos, both from the real war and the show, and covers a wide variety of subjects to do with the Home Front. Surprisingly detailed and informative - it hasn't left my dad's coffee table since Christmas, and I often see him picking it up for a browse. Well worth it for fans of the show.
on 19 June 2012
Well written and very well illustrated. I had not realised how many of the incidents shown in the series were based on historical fact. It is most informative.
on 17 January 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present and I think it was enjoyed, but flicking through beforehand I realised it wasn't the history of cases that inspired each episode - which is what I thought it would be. It's more like a series 'companion' (which actually appears to have one or two inaccuracies in it). Also, quality-wise most of the last chapter had pages joined together at the top which was unfortunate. Having said all that, anything to do with Foyle's War will always get my vote!
on 6 February 2012
Bought for my other half, who kept recording all Foyles War repeats, thought this would give me a chance to record something different. It worked, loves the gift.He can watch every episode as and when, and cannot say I have'nt seen this one!!??' Well worth buying. Great delivery.
on 9 October 2015
An interesting combination of information about the series and the underpinning historical research.
on 2 April 2015
Item was as described and arrived promptly
on 9 January 2012
excellent book to compliment the dvd's very informative and interesting well worth the money with lots of interesting facts about that time which i was not aware of
on 8 May 2016
Bought for a friend who loved it