Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2013
This has proved a very challenging and thought provoking book. I have rarely read anything that caused me to say - so often - "I am getting that wrong I need a new approach." I was going to say its like a business spring clean but it's more like a deep cleansing process. They use the phrase - that coaching is being in the miracle business. We coaches have the privilege of changing people's lives, creating key breakthroughs, giving them the opportunity to see situations and issues in a different light. We have a host of powerful and high impact conversations. Steve Chandler would then ask the question - "so why do you undersell yourself?".

As well as being challenging the book is very well written and demonstrates great understanding of the likely readership. Great book!
on 29 December 2013
Chandler and Letvin have created my book of the year. The Prosperous Coach provides THE way to increase income and Impact for you and your clients. It's an award I most often give to a self improvement book rather than a coaching or business book.

What makes this book so special?

This book is a game changer. It highlights that the optimum way to run a coaching business is not the same way that you would run other businesses. It frees you from the burden of social media, networking groups and Internet marketing. It focuses on the fearless magic that lies within coaching itself.

The Prosperous Coach is aimed at coaches who are committed to raise the bar and take it to the next level. Letvin and Chandler make it crystal clear that to be a truly successful coach you must learn, understand and practice both sides of the coin; The art of fearless coaching and the skill of running an effective and prosperous coaching business.

There are two main reasons that I know that their approach to creating clients is the right approach. The first is that I have over a dozen years of evidence, that when I have, intentionally or accidentally, practised their approach it has worked. The second reason is my heart knows the real truth. This is The True Way.

I have subsequently switched all my coaching business focus onto following the Chandler and Letvin way of creating clients. It has started working effectively within one month. I have created wonderful new clients and won back a client that previously I would have simply let go.

I have just finished reading The Prosperous Coach for the second time this month. It has provided me with new and exciting techniques and principles to follow and it has affirmed, clarified and confirmed what I knew deep within. It has shone a bright light on the right way forward.

I love my job. I always have. Yet, I have not looked forward to a year as a coach as much as I am looking forward to 2014. Thank you Rich and Steve for sharing the magic.

Personal thanks to David Taylor for this enlightening book recommendation.

Here's to the new dawn.
on 26 June 2013
This book is exceptional in my opinion. It just makes sense and really helps you to focus on what you really want from your business (and life).

We are so bombarded with information saying you must do this to succeed, you must have a huge mailing list, you must go to every networking event going etc. This book breaks all the rules and that's why I love it so much. I've never been a person to follow the crowd and I'm not about to start now. If you're a coach and you really want to succeed get this book.
on 29 March 2015
In a fully connected world, the authors remind us that as coaches we only need to connect with one client at a time. They dispel the notion of big marketing, internet lists etc and suggest that making deep personal 1-2-1 connections is the best way to build a sustainable and profitable coaching business. This seems to fly in the face of lots of other current 'wisdom' and coaching experts. It does however, make complete sense to me and I suspect many of those who read the book. Coaching, they remind the reader is a deep transformational process and not superficial or casual. Coaches add tremendous value and their impact goes well beyond the face to face time with a client, and they should charge accordingly. This book will introduce the reader to the true value of their coaching and expose how they may have been underselling themselves. The book provides a reference point from which to compare and contrast other points of view about how to build a coaching business. If you're a professional coach or want to coach, it's a must read.
on 29 July 2013
This book is indeed just right for me. It has helped me to reposition my Coaching practice within a few days of reading it. I have completely overhauled my marketing strategy, with the new perspective gained. In simple words, the effect has been Transformational!
on 25 April 2014
I heard about your book a few months ago from a friend, I was curious but not immediately compelled to buy it. Then I took the plunge literally 2 days ago, to start coaching one to one (I've held back due to fear for too long) and I sent an email to my email list offering coaching sessions. To my surprise, I got 3 potential clients say yes, and another 3 top coaches offering me coaching for my coaching! One of them said that I must read this book, and I did, in two sittings, and my view of coaching has transformed dramatically. The chapters are beautiful short and easy to digest and really speak to all of my misconceptions about coaching. I too thought that I had to be like someone else to be successful, so it's such a relief to be myself and authentic as a coach.

Watch this space... :-)
on 9 February 2015
I enjoyed the simple way the book is laid out in short yet meaningful chapters. Each chapter containing at least one nuggets of wisdom to help realign the getting clients syndrome. It's a great reminder that authenticity does sell and it's just about having the best website and social media presence. Every coach especially newbies should read, digest and use many of the great principles. I'm going through it one more time and then action!!
on 19 October 2014
No internet marketing. No email list. No social media. . .

I didn't think such a thing was possible as a coach, but the results have been incredible for me.

More clients in the weeks since buying this book than in the previous 6 MONTHS.
on 26 February 2014
I was just enjoying the Truck Driver's Block story which got me through a potentially difficult low energy morning when I received a new client email asking to pay me for a one to one session. I don't usually coach one-off or one to one, preferring to enrol clients in my 12 week high end group program. However I felt the call, fired up by this book and realising the clients best interest was to have two sessions at least. Unattached to the outcome, I suggested that and doubled my normal fee and the client immediately agreed and paid. I am really looking forward to making a profound difference with a powerful conversation!
on 1 May 2014
The message of the book is simple - it isn't hard to make a great living as a coach - you just have to do it. Forget the smart tactics and up to the minute marketing you've been taught, there is a different way -- and it's a good one.

I just dropped a star because, for my preference, I would have like a little more how-to. But I highly recommend anyone in the coaching business or who talks to clients as part of their work should buy and read this great little book.