Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 5 April 2015
I was concerned I might not like this series as much as I did The Ghost Files, but I needn't have worried. The main character is much like Mattie from TGF - very hot tempered and self-aware so it was easy to go from TGF 3 to The Promise without having to start over with learning to like a new main character.
I liked this different approach to magic, it reminded me a little of the film 'The Craft' with the dangers of both black magic and those who twist magic to use it for bad reasons. She doesn't end up with the love interest I'd have hoped, but I'm used to Apryl Baker doing that now so the disappointment wasn't too deep.
A good, easy read that I'd recommend.
on 1 March 2014
Cassie lives in a town steeped in witchcraft but to her its all nonsense. She doesn't believe in magic and ever since her sister made her promise to never go near the coven she hasn't. Now though with the arrival of a stranger she starts to question everything she believes. Was the accident her sister died in really an accident? Is magic real? Is Ethan who he seems to be?

I liked Cassie. She questions everything and even though everyone pushes her to join the coven, she sticks to her guns. She is smart, capable and strong. What I didn't like was how she turned, at times, into an idiot where Ethan is concerned. She really annoyed me with the way she "loved" him even though she couldn't trust him!! It felt at times that she was a totally different character.

As for Ethan, he came across as arrogant, controlling at times and odd. Even though he was described as a heartthrob, I had a hard time liking him.

I struggled with the first half of The Promise. It was slow going and I really really didn't like the insta love between Ethan and Cassie. I would of loved to see them get to know each other first instead of kissing after 2 meetings and then saying they loved each other after only knowing each other a week or so!!

Saying that though as the story progressed I did become hooked. I loved how Cassie takes so long to embrace the witchcraft, I also loved the mystery that surrounds the book. The author throws clues throughout the book but you are still left guessing. Its a good start to the series and Ill read book 2 to see what happens.
on 22 May 2015
Another great book Apryl and again it had me hooked from the start. Looking forward to book 2 The Oath which I am just going to download to my Kindle right now. Have recommended your books to my daughter and my friends.
Regards from a Happy Reader.
Annie. x
on 9 June 2015
I've read the ghost files books and they where absolutely brilliant, I'd recommend this book and the others too everyone, excellent read yet again by a very talented lady, just starting on the Oath the second Coven series
on 21 August 2014
i found it hard to like ethan he seemed bossy iin places and i think the story fell where cj meets him as you dont really fall in love with someone the first day. however, great story line and ( im your n1 fan!) :)
on 30 November 2014
This book didn't get me like the other titles by the author but was still a good read. I would like to see something a little different from this author as the storylines tend to follow the same path.
on 10 October 2014
Another enjoyable read, this author is fantastic her stories keep u reading from the beginning till the end, I did enjoy the ghosts series better but this is just as intreging I will read some more x
on 27 September 2014
I so can't wait for next book in series omg I loved it magic, romance ,keeping you guessing ,making me cry I'm so pleased I found an author that keeps me wanting more highly recommend this book! :)
on 8 January 2016
The start in another grey Erie by apryl baker, I love every book she wrote so far, she ha an amazing gift for writing you need to read ts one especially!!
on 9 June 2014
Amazing book, the suspense and mystery compelled me to read it from start to finish without stopping. A flawless storyline and great characterisation.