Format: DVD|Change

on 22 June 2010
The soundtrack for the Preacher's Wife is good. The story is okay but not as good as the movie it is based on - "The Bishop's Wife" is a better movie. Re-makes don't always do justice to the story. Both movies deal with the issue of materialism and marriage realtionships.
on 27 August 2001
This is a great movie with great actors. Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington teamed together in a beautiful comedy... They both did a great job as actors, but Whitney singing gospel is just phenomenal. A great movie for your soul (because of the music)
on 5 February 2016
Sadly the amazing songstress is no longer with us
But in this film we see "the voice" in full and glorious flight
Whitney powers her way through gospel songs .like "help is on the way"and then she smoulders with "I belive in you and me"

The story is good the acting is good too;
and this Christmas story ..will make you laugh ..cry ..and maybe even belive that miracles can come true .
A very beautiful Christmas movie about faith, trust and love. Our believe and Faith in the Almighty and in Life, is something that is constantly tested and sometimes we take it for granted that things will be the same or continue to go well for us. In this Christmas movie we meet a preacher and his family whose fundamental believes are about to be tested,their faith and trust in each other shaken to its very roots. Will they realise what is most important?

Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington endeared our hearts with their performances as the preacher's wife Julia and the angel Dudley respectively. Whitney's singing alone is reason enough to watch this movie. The movie has several inspiring life lessons and conveys a poignant message about Christmas.It is hard to believe that Whitney has departed this life and re-watching this in loving memory of her, I was able to give thanks to the Almighty for her life and the gift of her voice which has brought so much joy and happiness to many of us.
on 16 September 2015
Thanks. Love Denzel Washington. Whitney Houston too, but a bit disappointed in the film. It's been a while getting to me as I now live in Bulgaria, and it is dispatched to my UK address and forwarded onto me. Thank you.
on 30 December 2014
This is a Christmas classic, right up there with the original "Miracle on 34th Street". I would rank it above "It's a Wonderful Life" in its message, its acting and especially its music. Well done!
on 25 August 2015
A superb movie that lives, as usual, up to Denzel Washington's high standards of portrayal. Whitney Houston plays a sound role.
on 8 January 2013
A re-make & re-take of the Bishops Wife which starred Cary Grant & David Niven. A very enjoyable film with good performances.
on 7 January 2015
Love this film! Lots of funny scenes & I just think Denzel is brilliant playing Dudley the Angel! Can watch it over again!
on 12 March 2016
I wasn't sure when I bought this DVD but it is really good. The story is good and the singing is brilliant