Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More

on 29 December 2012
I have practiced Zen Meditation for years from the same roots as Sharon Salzberg. I found her book not only easy to read, but the explanations to the things I hadn't quite understood were very helpful. I really recommend it.
on 27 May 2012
I bought this course book and CD to supplement the mediatation practice I started quite a while ago. I've worked with the first part of the CD and found that Ms Salzberg is a supportive and helpful teacher. She facilitates sessions well with down to earth and simply structured steps. She also has a good voice tone. Her whole message is to be kind to yourself and not to meditatate in a self critical way. I've also staring reading what appears to be a succinct introduction to meditation so I'm looking forward to using it and gaining from it.
on 11 December 2015
This book is very informative and although I don't like all the meditation suggestions it's very interesting how the author considers all styles and ways to meditate. The recordings don't come with the ebook and you need these if you want to practice some of the meditations otherwise you will have to read and record them yourself. You can't meditate and read at the same time
on 22 January 2012
I've been 'practicing' for a few years now...and have always benefited from works by Sharon Salzberg.Despite already owning quite a few 'meditation discs'...I am finding Ms. Salzberg's insights and observations...whilst not earth shattering! ..very supportive and helpful.
A useful tool in the meditator's 'bag', I think.
Would recommend this 'course' as a great leap off point for an absolute beginner too.
on 14 December 2014
Great book easy to follow and worked when tried out after surgery
on 25 January 2015
An extremely helpful book for anyone who is in need of a vipassana teacher and doesn't have one, Sharon's way of teaching is enlightening and very straight to the practical point.
on 4 June 2014
for any practitioner who wants to add further information and research to their knowledge and skills, give more in depth outlines to practice.
on 21 May 2012
Accessible introduction to meditation and general Buddhist modes of thought. Promotes a positive approach to living, which is a refreshing relief from this stress-filled, goal-driven society in which we live.
on 29 July 2013
Great book. Teaches you the basics how to start meditation.
I just very disappointed. As I bought the kindle version and I don't get the CD. The author mention a lot the CD on the book but how can I get mine as I have a kindle version?
Thanks
on 1 August 2015
Incredible. Very well written. Totally recommended.