- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing; Film tie-in edition edition (29 April 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0747518297
- ISBN-13: 978-0747518297
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 1.8 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 345,604 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Piano Paperback – 29 Apr 1994
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I had misgivings when I realised the novel was written after the film, but have not found it to be in any way contrived. It is written in relatively short passages and frequently goes back into Ada's past (not done in the film). I found this not at all disconcerting - in fact it was like reading two short connected stories at the same time.
I play the piano myself, mostly untrained, and I was able to identify very much with the story because of this. The ending is not particularly predictable and I found myself wanting to race ahead with the story. I am not a voracious reader and much prefer a shorter novel, which this is. I thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to re-watch the film now, after a 15-year break (see above).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book added nothing, or nothing worth knowing, to the film. In many ways it read like a plan for a film, with a conscious reminder to self to add something that one couldn't... Read morePublished on 4 Feb. 2013 by KJP
Written after the movie, it elaborates on the past of the characters.
A must read for lovers of this fantastic movie.