From the Back Cover
Ever since Photoshop version 2.5, The Photoshop Wow! Book
has enlightened and inspired graphic designers, illustrators, and photographers around the globe. This newest edition delivers the familiar award-winning mix of explanations and step-by-step tutorials for creating both commercial and fine-art images, with tips and beautiful galleries that distinguish this book as the most inspiring Photoshop resource around. Redesigned for easy reference, Photoshop CS/CS2 Wow!
also includes new short features in which professional photographers and designers let you in on their creative secrets for quick solutions. The DVD-ROM includes hundreds of before-and-after tutorial files, Layer Styles and Patterns, as well as Actions, gradients, custom tools, and other goodies. You’ll learn the most innovative techniques for creating and enhancing images, graphics, and type, including:
• How and when to use the new features in Photoshop CS and CS2, including the Spot Healing Brush, Lens Correction, Lens Blur, Vanishing Point, and Variables
• How to build your skill with familiar Photoshop features such as blend modes, adjustment layers, channels, and filters
• How to focus attention on the subject of a photo, retouch a portrait, tint an image, or convert a color image to black-and-white
• How to bring out your inner artist with Photoshop’s sophisticated brushes and vector-drawing tools
• How to create dazzling special effects for type and graphics—from custom textures and realistic materials to animation and rollover for the web
• How to build a striking layout or a seamless composite, including the little details that make a big difference in the art of creating illusions
• How to keep your creations organized with layers, layer set or groups, layer comps, and Smart Objects
About the Author
is an award-winning author of more than 20 books and numerous articles on computer imagery and design, including eight editions of the best-selling Photoshop Wow! Book
and two books in Peachpit Press’s popular One-Click Wow!
series. She is principal of Dayton & Associates and series editor for the Wow! Book
series. Cristen Gillespie
begins her journey as a Photoshop Wow! author with this edition. She has contributed to other books in the Wow! series and with Dayton, Davis, and Ben Willmore, authors the "Wow! Factor"
column for Photoshop User magazine.