Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Mar 2010 10:58:00 GMT
sam lowry says:
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1 Disc) [DVD] [1999]

When this return to the sw universe was released in 1999, to largely hostile reviews(jar jar binks, been a particular target...)
I recently rewatched it, and really think (as i did in 1999) that Lucas has been made a whipping boy, by much of the media...
and fat american boys who live in their basements, and have pretensions to being movie makers (yet no actual skill in movie making).
All the characters in sw are paper thin(including those in the 1st trilogy) , this dosen't detract from the enjoyment of movie, and the great "ben-hur" derived chariot race.
A Large number of internet users have also taken to using this (and its two follow-up movies, as well as indy4, to beat Lucas in their personal attacks).
If you havent seen these movies, they are worth watching-just bear in mind, they are only entertainment-and not a holy scripture...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 13:43:10 GMT
Jase W says:
No, the film is awful, I recently rewatched it in 3d at the Imax and it only magnified its flaws. Jar Jar is an abomination. The Gungans vs drioids is a CGI snoozefest, even the much lauded pod race is overlong and boring and served only to allow a videogame adaption.

Anakin is annoying and there's so many other stupid parts it defies belief, prime examples - awarding R2D2 a medal, the explanation of the force, having Darth Maul only on screen briefly, Queen Amadila's voice etc etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  23 Mar 2010
Latest post:  28 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Bollywood Queen [DVD] [Import]
Bollywood Queen [DVD] [Import] (VHS Tape)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (405)