Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 7 April 2008
Great Read which I just couldn't put down. I totally believed in Paul and Katie's romance, that of young good looking high school jock years later, gets together with former overweight school geek! My only criticism is that I felt the ending was rushed and the author could have somehow made it better and more fulfilling, but that may be because I didn't want the book to end. You won't regret reading this one.
on 24 February 2013
I read this as the 4th New York Blades series and was really impressed. I found the last book a little different from the first 2 and was a bit disappointed so had put this one off for a while. But I loved this book from cover to cover!

Paul and Katie made a believable couple on the whole (apart from being just sooooo beautiful), their family backgrounds were realistic as was their relationship for most of the book. I did feel the ending was a little rushed, but maybe in Chasing Stanley we will find out how the couple are doing?

If you haven't read the first 3 books in the series it won't make a difference to your enjoyment of this book, it will however give you a bit of a back story on the lovely Paul Van Dorn!

Overall a strong book, the hockey mentioned in this story is about the under 10's local hockey team, which was nice for me as that's what my kids do at the moment, but there isn't too much technical hockey stuff to get lost in!
on 21 February 2007
Really enjoyed this book, lots to think about, characters are very believable - not just about boy meets girl, not all about hockey, lots of how family works and how we sometimes fall into things rather than choosing to do them. Certainly got me thinking about a few things. AND still a great entertaining read, really liked how Paul Van Dorn turned out, well done Deirdre Martin
VINE VOICEon 5 July 2007
Now even though this is the 4th book in this series, in my opinion this was the best book in the series.
The characters were a lot more believable and likable, and I really liked both the characters of Katie and Paul.
It was nice to find out what happened to Paul etc and also learning about the old characters and how they are getting on etc.
Katie was very likable as the "fat girl" gone thin, she was very paranoid about putting weight back on, the only thing i didnt like was how she treated Paul and apart from that she didnt want to live in her small hometown, I didnt understand why she seemed so unwilling to give a proper relationship a go just because of that reason.
Anyway as you can guess it all works out for the end but definately the best book in the series so far.
I am now reading "Chasing Stanley" the last in the series, so u never know it could be even better.
on 8 December 2008
loved this one, couldnt put it down, finished it in about 4 hours. loved the chemistry between katie and paul, lots of bickering and flirting. although it seems to be part of a series of books centering around a group of ice hockey players it actually does really well as a stand alone book.