on 28 October 2012
I actually own a DVD copy of this film. First released in 1986 on US TV its simply criminal that this film is not out on mainstream DVD.

Any fan of Tommy Lee Jones will really apprecaite his acting, which is top drawer. Jones plays an ex vet who on his return to his beloved New York City is confused and shocked to see that ex army guys are being treated like crap.
I personally have seen this for real in New York City.

So Jones takes a stand and takes over Central Park for 3 days as a protest, and well thats it.
The difference between this film and a standard run of the mill is the sharp script and brilliant acting. Not only do we have Jones, but we have the versatile Helen Shavers and the wonderfully gifted Yaphet Kotto.

Look around this film is worth getting.
on 30 December 2014
I remember first watching this on Betamax video way "back in the day!" I must have been about 10 or 11 when it came out. I loved it then, and, after watching it again recently, I still do. I've been looking for it for ages! For some reason, its never been released on dvd, which is a shame. It really made my day to see it on Amazon Instant.
The always excellent Tommy Lee Jones stars as a Vietnam Vet who takes over New York's Central Park in protest over the way veterans are treated. Its a serious subject, made in the days when Rambo ruled the world, so you know what you're gonna get. There's plenty of action, and a strong central performance from Jones. Very much recommended!
on 1 June 2014
A fantastic adventure for the soldier in all of us. This is the story of a forgotten hero and social underdog. Although sadly not available on DVD this is a must for all Tommy Lee Jones fans.
on 11 November 2015
A Viet Nam Veteran aspires to put Central Park in lock down with threats of violence so he can bring to light the plight of forgotten solders, he appears to have PTSD.

The police are concerned and use some tactics one of which includes the use of Solders of Fortune. A reporter goes into the park in an effort to let the man tell his story. People on the street are interviewed and approve of the man's act of terrorism.(?) Odd ending.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2016
I remember going to watch this at the cinema when it came out and loved it. Been looking for it for years on DVD. Glad I foind it on this and have also found it on DVD, just waiting for it to arrive now. If you love Tommy Lee Jones, you have to get this, or at least watch it. This is the movie that made me a fan of Mr Jones, he is a Legend.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse