- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
The Paradise - Series 1-2 [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
All 16 episodes from the first and second series of the BBC Victorian costume drama. Set in a north of England town, the programme follows shopworker Denise Lovett (Joanna Vanderham) as she struggles to make her way to the top after managing to gain a lowly position as a salesgirl at 'The Paradise', the town's newly opened upmarket department store. Whilst being kept under the watchful eye of head of ladies fashion, Miss Audrey (Sarah Lancashire), Denise is quick to snatch an opportunity for advancement when her talents come to the attention of the store's devious widowed owner, Moray (Emun Elliott).
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This main female character (Denise - heroine) takes a job in this large department store, where the storyline really begins to develop. Her abilities attracts the owner (Moray - the hero), and we see how Denise progresses in her job responsibilities, as well as the development of her relationships with other employees at the store,. Two of the supporting characters Arthur & Sam provide humor to the story line. We also see the character Kathryn (the protagonist) who provides the grist between Moray, Denise & herself. Kathryn is pushing to marry Moray, even though what we see developing is the growing affection between Denise and Moray. There is a nice flow of emotional experiences to hold your interest. Loved this series even though I knew that there would not be a Season 3. I've ordered what was produced, and have delighted in what I experienced while watching this program.
It's disappointing to see that the solid foundations of the first series were not built upon, and that instead of a sophisticated drama we have been given a soap-opera in costume - the writers/producers responsible certainly did not rise to the challenge of making a sequel worthy of Zola.