This book came about during a series of Lectures I was giving at photography clubs in the UK. I would be enthusiastically talking about the virtues of the LX5 only to have someone approach me later to say their results were poor or even dreadful. Initially I was confused, but then a pattern emerged about how people, often experienced photographers were using this camera. Once I understood what was happening I could quickly identify and correct the mistakes being made.
As time progressed, this evolved into a complete approach to achieving exceptional image quality with the LX5. I am sure you will be surprised learn just what is possible with the LX5 when used correctly, including being able to make huge prints.
This book is not however for everyone. If you are new to photography and want to understand how to use all the functions of the LX5, this is not the book for you. Neither is it a guide to using the LX5 and you certainly won't learn about video capture. If you want to learn about composition this book won’t help you. If the thought of shooting using RAW files scares you then move on now and look for a different book.
No, this is a book aimed at Intermediate and Advanced photographers who want to achieve exceptional image quality from the LX5.
In this book I will share with you:
• How to define what is and isn’t a high quality image – if you can’t define what high quality means how will you achieve it
• How to set up the camera to support high quality capture
• The techniques of image capture that allow you to maximise image quality
• Bespoke workflows designed to create optimum results – the importance of this will I’m sure surprise you
• Details of software that can enhance your images in ways that you might not have thought possible
At the end of the book is a section pulling together all the information and using it to produce a high quality 30inch image from an LX5. This image will stand up to close inspection and doesn’t rely on being seen at a “reasonable viewing distance”. I also provide the high resolution image for you to download so that you can take a very close look at the final quality.
There currently isn’t another book on the market quite like this one and I believe it’s long overdue.