on 2 March 2015
These days I don’t find too much time to set aside for reading, but I have gone out of my way to make time for Mr Irvine’s books.
This is the fourth of his stories I have read and I am yet to be disappointed.
This book is amazing. A brilliant plot with all the suspense I have come to expect from this author.
I wasn’t just on the edge of my seat, at times I was actually scared for the characters. This author’s ability to reel you in and keep your attention at all times is brilliant.
Please read this book, you won’t be disappointed!
on 8 August 2013
Interesting that my friend and I were discussing various topics presented in this book just the other day. Privacy seems almost a thing of the past. This book offers a rare view of what could happen if science gets out of bounds of our natural resources to maintain life as we know it. A work of fiction that really made me think of things to come. You will be amazed at the reality of the fiction.
A great read. I can't wait for the author's next book.
on 15 September 2014
Genetics is a fascinating subject and so a novel which places the subject at the forefront of it's premise will always be a surefire interesting read. This one is truly a flight of fantasy.

The protagonist Kerrin an ex cop now turned Washington Post journalist sets out to investigate the so called "suicide" of five eminent scientists, one of them being his own brother in law.

There are many twists and turns in the book along with an 'expose' regarding the underbelly of corruption that allegedly permeates the powerful and elite upper echelons of American society.

I found it rather slow to begin with, the real action beginning about half way through the book. Nevertheless it was quite a good read and the second half more than made up for the slow pace of the first half albeit the ending was somewhat predictable and just a little cheesy.

Also it was let down in parts by quite a few spelling and grammatical errors - needed a good proof reader.
on 2 February 2013
the plot was interesting, but not very believeable. a book whose story takes place in the USA should not have so many errors regarding geography and politics. it is too clear that this book was written by a Great Britain author. He depicts US government and law enforcement as being run by a military regime. This is not the true reality in the US. However, if your readers are not Americans, it may not be obvious. i would contend that American readers would find these mistakes and exadurations too distracting to enjoy the story.
on 17 September 2012
I loved this book. And book 1 flows seamlessly into book 2. The one thing that annoyed me about the book again and again was the spelling of 'no-one'. Throughout the book it is spelt 'noone'.
Up until the end of the book it was not clear how Kerrin was going to get out of the situation he found himself in. Well done! The hypnotist theory (or perhaps it's real) was very interesting. I would strongly recommend this book, which I purchased on my Kindle.
on 12 April 2013
good concept but did not care for the writing style
I wanted to feel like I had to keep reading but I didn't feel that way.
sorry
on 13 September 2015
A real page turner. At the time of buying I had only downloaded book one, not realising it was available to purchase as book 1&2, so imagine when I came to the end of book one knowing there was more of the same and whether it was available or not. It was and it was as brilliant as the first. Thank goodness though it's fiction. The thought that the plot of the book 'could' happen was truly scary but at the same time very believable. What do we know? Highly recommended.
on 2 April 2015
I was looking forward to a scientific thriller and it did not disappoint. I had downloaded book 1 and could not wait to see her w it ended and purchased the whole book to read the second book!! I could not wait to finish it to find out what happened in the end. I must admit it certainly makes you think about what could happen and has already started with the new stem cell research being done at the moment. Well done - a book that is thoroughly enjoyed.
on 16 August 2014
having read part one of this thriller,i was looking forward to continuing with part two.i did download a free sample of book two to see what it would be like.to my utter suprise the sample that was downloaded,was the complete part one.i bit the bullet so to speak and bought part two for the kindle,and yet again i find that i have to trudge through book one to find out where that finished and book two starts.not a happy chappy !!!!
on 10 October 2011
You must read this pacey novel! When prominent scientists start disappearing things heat up - this fast paced story really keeps you turning pages and ends up with an unexpected twistand a real dilema. A great travel book that'll keep you entertained while making you think and with more than a smidgen of good science too![Reminds me of [ASIN:0552159727 Deception Point]]
Linda