Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.61

on 18 March 2013
I really really enjoyed this book. The story and the layout of this book is different from the norm and at first i was unsure I could get used to it. But I was wrong and very quickly did and I loved knowing what was going on from Shane and Jenn's POV. I actually read this book on the say so of the ladies from Flirty and Dirty book blog and had not really read the blurb which made it even better as I had know idea what was coming.
I have to say Teresa Mummert is very good at capturing you emotions and a few times I was so swept away that a couple of times I actually had an ache in my chest at what I thought was coming and at what did come. There are emotional scenes in this book that were so well written that you were able to picture it and hear it as thought you were there!! That is always such a great acheivement by any author in my opinion.
This is a great read and I would suggest if it isn't on our TBR list then it should be.
on 1 April 2013
What an amazingly sweet and touching story. The characters are relatable and loveable.... and I dare anybody to read Suicide Note and not want to go and find the first soldier you come across and give him or her a big hug.

"I had never been scared of deployments or of war, but now I was scared to leave. I didn't want to leave her. When I met her, I saw her as someone else who needed saving but she had saved me. She had given me hope when I had given up on everything in my life."

I have always thought of myself as a strong person but I know for a fact that I would not be able to handle the demands and stress that would come along from a relationship with a man in the military. The worry, the fears, the not knowing... I would not be a strong enough person to let go of that control.

And Jenn... she is strong enough. Of course it is tough at first because her relationship with Shane is so new and he is so quickly thrust back out into his deployment but she is a very strong willed character and I admired her. And Shane is a man who always wanted to help. Wanted to make things better so being a solider is something that comes naturally to him. It is not an easy thing to do and to say that I admire him is an understatement. I am not going to turn this into a political speech (and the book does not delve into politics either...) but you can agree or disagree with the current state of the military and the battles that they choose to be a part of but you can not fault the soldiers themselves. Strong doesn't even begin to cover the type of character a person must have to want to take on that kind of life and responsibility.

"You were the light when my entire world was dark. You gave me a reason to keep going when all I wanted to do was give up."

And no before you start thinking this entire novel is about the war and military... it is not. It is about love, acceptance and understanding. There are a lot of different factors going on in these characters lives and the military life is just one of them.

"I forced myself to keep my eyes open so I could memorize every curve of her face. I wanted the image burned so deeply in my memory that when I closed my eyes to sleep at night, she would be the last thing I saw and the first person on my mind when I woke."

This is also written in dual point of view which I absolutely love. However, the only reason why I gave it four stars instead of five is that there were times when the pov jump got a little confusing. Because you are not only jumping between Jenn and Shane but also you are jumping dates. It is important when reading that you read the title header and wrap your head around the date as well as the person. Sometimes weeks are skipped and if you don't pay attention it can get a little confusing. I also noticed toward the end that there was a date change to the past however it seemed to be a jump in the story forward rather than backwards as the date would suggest, probably just an honest mistake.

"Tears, happy tears, fell from my eyes as I held on to the only person in the world that could take away all of my hurting with a simple smile."

So, if you are looking for a heart whelming love story with a happy ending then do not look any further. Suicide Note will have you smiling from ear to ear by the time you are finished, of that I have no doubts.

"India Lima Yankee"

Christine
Rainy Day Reads
on 16 March 2013
This was a lovely easy read that kept my attention from the first page. Yes it's a boy meets girl and they fall in love type of story but it is also so much more. The storyline is different from the norm and gives the reader lots to think about as well as delivering some strong messages and pulling at your heart.
I am praying there will be a second book as I would love to know what happens in the future for this amazing couple.
Highly recommended!
on 12 June 2013
Actual rating 2.5 stars.

This wasn't a bad book, but it could have been better. My biggest problem was with the writing - the style just didn't flow for me. I didn't really see the point in the time/date/location headings, it just detracted from the story. I also found the very short length between each time change jarring. It didn't flow well.

There were several times in the book when the perspective was messed up - for example, Shane was on the phone talking to Chelsea, and he somehow knew what she was doing in her movements, even though he couldn't see her.

The dialogue was stilted, and it didn't sound natural. People talk with contractions, they won't use 'I am' all the time, they'll say 'I'm' - it didn't sound real and really pulled me out of the story.

I could probably have overlooked that, and the spelling errors/word confusion (mussels/muscles, cubicle/cubical) but the story just wasn't strong enough to stand on its own, and the 'suicide note' of the title felt convoluted (no one would write a resignation letter like that!).

Disappointing as I'd heard good things about this. Ah well, it kept me occupied I suppose...
on 26 March 2013
It was a nice story but I found it lacking in description.... I like to know what characters look like and their surroundings, but this book had hardly any of that info. All we know is that Jenn had long brown hair and Shane had a fit body, no descriptions of faces or general appearance of the characters. Hardly any description of surroundings whatsoever.

It's also written from Jenn and Shane's POV, but this seems to get a bit mixed up sometimes, I think if you decide to write a book in this way you should stick to it, so you can't then describe what's happening behind and door or what a person is doing on the other end of the phone. There's also a whole chapter which is the wrong POV which is confusing, you end up reading it twice until you realise it's an editing mistake.

A few typos also.

It's book doesn't seem to have been proof read very well which is a shame, it's also a bit vague in places but maybe that's just lack of description.

Anyway, forgetting all that its actually a good story and worth a read at under £1.
on 2 April 2013
First of all I would like to give this more stars as I really enjoyed the story. I have read the Honor series written by this author and this is so much better. I liked both the characters, the length of the novel, setting and the plot. I think it is very good value pricewise.

The only think that lets it down really is the english and grammar. We get to read the story from both of the main character's points of view but this gets very mixed up at times. For example (read from Shane's point of view and seen with his eyes) Jenni goes into her bedroom to change and shuts the door......... Shane then goes onto tell us that she looks into the mirror, thinks about him.. chooses what to wear etc. From his point of view he wouldnt know what she was doing the otherside of the door. This happens several times and to be honest could have been easily resolved by having someone else edit/have a look over it before publish. If I had paid more this would have seriously annoyed me, which is why not a higher 5 star rating
on 18 March 2013
Always love Teresa's books !! This one touched me ..
It was amazing and so romantic .. I'd love to watch it in a film !! .. it's unbelievable to think that this happens .. got to thank our hero's specially fallen hero's x
on 14 March 2013
OMG WHAT CAN I SAY

I loved this booked the way it has been written is brilliant going between the two characters and how it all came together in the end

It was defiantly a oh at the end
on 20 May 2013
I loved this book, I am a huge fan of Teresa Mummert, You can relate the the character's and I was hooked from the start, I highly recommend this book, It goes to show true love conquer's all.
on 15 June 2013
This was a lovely booked and played on the two main characters personalities perfectly! Was well covered and good for a book to show the affects of loosing someone! A good read!