Haque details a holistic five-step plan for both reducing the negative and exploitive nature of the current system and ensuring positive social and economic growth for the future. Haque calls for a re-examination of ideals, and urges business away from competition and rivalries and toward a globally-conscious and constructive model and a constructive future. Haque argues that companies must learn to orient their business models around:
- renewal in order to maximize efficiency
- equity in order to maximize productivity
- meaning in order to maximize effectiveness
- democracy in order to maximize agility
- peace in order to maximize evolvability
These new business ideals focus on the human element not profit exclusively and are easily tailored for any size or type of business, as long as they are willing to make bold and sustained changes to the current system.