on 29 April 2014
I loved all three books. Reminded me of my training in the sixties. If only all nurses were like Hill. Tremendously heartwarming and unputdownable!
on 20 July 2014
I have read all three of these books and have thoroughly enjoyed them. As someone who grew up in the 50s and 60s then went on to train for my profession I found it very evocative of my late teenage years and my Mother who was a hospital nurse before she married. It is an easy read I would recommend it to anyone who would like an insight into the time.
on 13 April 2014
I loved this series, takes you back in time where nursing was not about statistics. Heartwarming and a pleasure to read
on 26 April 2014
This is not the third part just the end of the first book, I thought I was going to learn more but if you've bought the first one then you have the whole book.... Waste of money!
The New Arrival is an excellent account of nursing in the 70's but if you buy this it is the whole tale . I bought the second and third parts thinking that they would continue on from the end but they don't! This should be made more clear. A real cheat in my opinion.
on 15 July 2014
I have read all three the new arrival brilliant. From the first book to the third I was hooked . Would definitely recommend it .
Tracey fj
on 23 December 2014
Excellent. After reading Parts 1 and 2, I just had to get Part 3 and I enjoyed it immensely. I also sent the book covering all three parts to my sister who was also nursing in that area at that time and she says it is so true and brings back many happy memories.
on 30 September 2014
This was a nostalgic book for me as I was a nurse and I thoroughly enjoyed the light hearted way it is written. A great read and I have read all 3 books. I'm just sorry that I've finished them and I'm sure at some point I shall read them again.
on 2 July 2014
So glad to read on about this nurse it is so wonderful to read about her job.
on 27 September 2014
It was great for me as a nurse to read this story. It brought back to mind my own training and experience as a nurse and midwife. I recommend it to anyone interested in the life of a nurse. Most interesting and enlightening. Good fun too.
on 10 July 2014
Really enjoyed this book and took me back to my childhood in East London