on 13 October 2007
The book's backcover blurts that the author uses «unique contacts in the secretive worlds of intelligence and royalty», but you and I have read so many magazine articles and books with leaks from intelligence sources and rivers of mud from royalty close friends, servants, and bodyguards, that the book could not be defended on that merit alone.

It also claims to be «astounding [for] blowing the lid off the secrets the Establishment does not want us to know», but that's not true for Al Fayed Senior and plenty of journalists have exposed that and more, a good number of times, even quoting people that this book also cites as sources.

I made myself a duty to read first A Royal Duty (Paul Burrel, 2003) and listening to The Bodyguard's Story (Trevor Rees-Jones 2000), plusa few others, as well as to the grieving father's accusations and the French and English authorities official reports (as far as these have been made public). Naturally I made mental notes of an unexplained point here, a surprising inuendo there, a gross fact overlooked elsewhere. I am not paid to keep tabs on unexplained facts in car crashes, security videotapes that appear and disappear, and relations between who was at the scene of the murder, sorry, the accident when Diana and Dodi (and please do not forget, Monsieur Henri Paul) died.

The merit of this book is that it exposes in a clear, matter-of-fact (at times even irritating) way a possible link of persons and events, through time and space, until they sort of meet at fatal pilar 13, Alma Tunnel, Paris, on the fateful 31 August 1997. The book makes clear that fate did not play a part in this tragedy, that every step of the «actors» was logical per se, and names the people and the institutions that are to blame. Like in some of Agatha Chistie's crime murders, you may end up thinking this is a bit far fetched, but on second reading you realise that the Author did not let a stone unturned, and you can not explain ALL the facts and events in a more logical way.

It makes for fascinating reading - and very, very disturbing to people who still accept the idea that we are living in a law abiding world.

To reach 5 stars the book should have been longer and spell out in dense footnotes it's sources. Not that I doubt things and sources are true, as I remember having read them first place in the world media.
0Comment41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
Much of what is written in this book seems to hang together with great truth and is backed up with solid facts. it draws a number of factors together that only came out gradually over years. We can only speculate who witheld this information, ensured the delay of a thorough enquiry and therefore made sure that the public did not put all things together following the death of Diana, Dodi and the driver. It leaves no doubt in my mind what happened and why. The only thing left unclear is exactly who gave the orders and who carried out this awful crime of murder. It also leaves you realising that if this can be arranged by the powers that be to remove Diana, how easy it would be to get rid of a knobody who was making waves! With logical thought you then realise that our society is not as democratic and free as we are all led to believe. It is sobering to realise that Diana murder is just the tip of the iceberg, what we dont know is a thousand times bigger.
on 12 September 2013
Confirms the suspicions of millions of people who admired and loved her.a thorn in the side to some but a perfect rose to ordinary people.this will never go away it will go down in history forever.
on 30 January 2014
The men in grey suits hold the answers to this tragedy. It is sad that Noel does not reveal his sources but of course understandable. A good read and as one of the 85 percent I too doubt that it was an accident. One mystery we will never know the answer too but still a recommended read
on 2 October 2013
This book is accurate and amazingly so true. Anyone who thinks our secret services would not commit murder of a princess are living in cloud cuckoo land. Henri Paul was used as a scapegoat and his family need to know the truth, same as the British public.
on 18 July 2011
A very eye opening book. I always suspected that princess Diane was murdered but this book has made me more positive than ever as there is a lot of evidence. I would definately recommend.
on 11 September 2013
I did not think Diana's death was anything but an accident until I read this book . It's only a matter of time before the truth is revealed
on 12 March 2010
With so many books like this one detailing step - by step the events of August 31st 1997 happening in Paris I am amazed that some people even question it having been an accident!

It was a political assassination of someone who was involving herself in embarrassing situations for the Monarchy as well as stealing their limelight even as an unofficial royal; her dating an Arab and eldest son of Establishment's Enemy No.1 a powerful element but only one which encompassed with others helped it be decided to bump her off, an imperative action that needed taking; but not solely the reason for doing so.

I personally am eagerly awaiting those responsible to be publicly named and shamed which will ultimately expose the corruption of the U.K.'s Judicial System ... ( Members of British Establishment, Her Majesty's Government recently publicly having been exposed as corrupt themselves including the Metropolitan Police Commissioner now himself serving time ironically enough ! ) ... which has of course ruled it as having been an "Unlawful killing" which Murder is naturally, so a very clever play on words, wouldn't you agree! Read this book and judge for yourselves!
0Comment33 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
I never really understood why people thought there was a conspiracy against Princess Diana, but I was never aware of the background within the royal family, probably because I was too young when this first happened.

However, I found this book to be really interesting, informative and gave some good explanations that kept me interested. After reading this, and a couple of other books on the topic, I think I may have changed my mind about what happened on that fateful night!

I would definitely recommend this book to others to read!
on 3 July 2012
Good background and then excellent coverage of the actual event. Would have been better if the author had revealed his sources. An excellent book. Answers many questions. And still hardly known in the uk. Why ? Read the book and you will realize. Also watch the film unlawful killing which for some odd reason can only be shown in the uk after 87 cuts. Again...why ? We pay £32 million a year to maintain the royal family. Surely we deserve to know the truth about Diana s death ?
66 comments11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse