on 14 April 2010
Drake McKennan is an ER medic. Sylvan Mir is the alpha wolf, head of the Adirondack Timberwolf Pack. Drake and Sylvan meet when one of Sylvan's Pack has been attacked. They are immediately attracted to one another. They meet again after a young human girl is admitted suffering from were fever. Drake gets bitten in the process of trying to treat her. Everything in Drake's life changes from that point on. Someone is threatening Sylvan's Pack. Will Sylvan and Drake come together to hunt out those that would destroy them?
This book did take me a little while to get into it. It is different from my usual reading material. But once I had sorted out in my mind who was who and what the characters were, ie, wolves or vampires, I found myself unable to put it down. I will buy the next in the series and re read this one first.
on 14 April 2011
Searingly hot, Radclyffe delivers another winner here. The book's not perfect - there are obvious hooks left in the narrative for the next book, due out December 2011 which means the political background against which the book is set remains void of any form of resolution.

Nonetheless the story of Alpha were and human medic hits all the right notes and has some really good interpersonal development outside the main romantic relationship.
on 14 July 2012
First book in the mignight hunters series.
I know alot of people didn't like Rad's new venture in the world of paranormal, but I'm not one of them. So my reviews may be a little biased.
Rad introduces all kinds of supernatural beings in this book, but the main story centers around weres.
Sylvan Mir is Alpha to the Adirondack Timberwolf Pack, and the book starts a short time after her father has outed there species to the human world and is now fighting for equality. Slyvan's mother, the previous Alpha was killed years ago when Slyvan was still young. Radclyffe keeps alot of the weres true to the folklore. They live a long time, they can be killed or injured, but they heal fast and silver can kill them.
The sex in these books is pretty rough, though not in a bad way. Rad writes it as when weres have sex they bite each other, and dominace plays a big part in the wolf hieracy.
Drake McKennan is a human doctor, who meets Slyvan by a twist of fate. There young were's are injurded and brought to the hospital where she works, but they refuse to let anyone see them but their Alpha. Slyvan comes to the hospital and when she first lays eyes on Drake, her wolf calms.
Slyvan, pulled to Drake for reasons she can't explain. Fate takes matters out of their hands when a girl sick with Were fever is dropped of by a mysteriuos van outside the hospital.
Drake quick thinking trys to treat the girl. And in the process the girl bites Drake.
Changing her life forever. Slyvan becomes inraged at Drakes fever and her wolf goes wild.
Drake, who wants Slyvan knows she can't have her. Slyvan who wants Drake, dosen't want a mate.
There are plenty of secondary characters in this book. We meet Jodi, a cop who is also a vampire.
Nikki, a were and Slyvan's second in command. And plenty more.
on 7 April 2015
I have read a number of books written by Radclyffe (L. L. Raand) and I have to admit that I have enjoyed this series the most. Like other stories written by the author the story centres on two main characters whose love / relationship develops throughout the story. What I did find particular enjoyable is that we are introduced to other characters and we are allowed a glimpse into their lives by the author.

The author concentrates on humans, wolves and vampires for the most part of the story, although I suspect other species will probably be introduced in later books.
on 7 October 2013
Having read the other reviews I thought I would give this book a chance but I have to say it was all a bit much! Way too much sex (which I am usually a fan of) but sex between vampires and humans, humans and weres, weres and vampires and sometimes all three together, was all a bit ott. I kind of got lost when in order to survive, the were had to such blood from the vampire and then in order to survive the vampire had to suck blood from another were but the part that really got me was how many sex organs the were seem to have, I still haven't figured that out yet?!?!?
on 21 January 2016
There is a lot of physical loving in this book and thank god. Wolves and their wolf anatomy are a little different than humans but it's all good, even seems normal after a while. Something about the carnal animalistic desire depicted in this novel is just crazy intoxicating. Be prepared to ship everyone with everyone cause they are are all sexy beasts.
The storyline is fine, it's your standard power struggle to be ultimate alpha of the wolf packs.
on 3 June 2012
I'm putting the same review for all three books out so far. Have read them one after the other and couldn't read them fast enough! Took me a while to look at these as wasn't sure I would like the paranormal theme but I was wrong. I got totally absorbed in the world that raand has made. Fascinating, hot, sexy - xrated as in excellent! Great read. Can't wait for more. K eep them coming please!
on 29 July 2013
I wasn't sure about the whole wolf/vampire thing and held off reading this despite my love of Radclyffe's books. But I gave in and I am glad I did. The characters are well developed and the plot moves along but above all Radclyffe is a story teller and you just want to know what happens next - I would recommend this even if you are uncertain of the genre - you won't be disappointed.
on 21 June 2013
Could'nt put it down. Seriously fed up I had to stop for work. Felt like crying when I finished it and Waited with bated breath for the 2nd book.
on 17 June 2013
A little more story and a little less sex might have made things a tad more interesting. Otherwise, its reasonably well written and a quick read.