- Hardcover: 180 pages
- Publisher: State University of New York Press (10 Aug. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0791468453
- ISBN-13: 978-0791468456
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 15.2 x 22.2 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 250,355 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Melancholy Android Hardcover – 10 Aug 2006
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Explores the cultural significance of androids.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I'd recommend reading this book along with The Secret Life of Puppets by Victoria Nelson as Wilson was influenced by her work. I'd also suggest reading this along with the non-fiction of Philip K. Dick such as The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick: Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings because he comes up in both books, or you could read Pink Beams of Light from the God in the Gutter: The Science-Fictional Religion of Philip K. Dick by Gabriel McKee which is the most clear introduction to Philip K. Dick's ideas. Furthermore, maybe check out Thomas S. Hibbs' Arts of Darkness: American Noir and the Quest for Redemption which is about Noir and dark tales of redemption but also brings up Philip K. Dick.
All of these are great authors that cover similar territory. In particular, these books all share focus on the subject of gnosticism especially in terms of American culture. If you're interested in any of these subjects, then there are no better books out there.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology