on 13 May 2011
I've read the whole mediator series and I LOVED every book, I'm sure you can tell from my pen name. Instead of writing a review for each book I thought I'd just write it for this one compilation. This series got me into reading books like a crazy person, you pick it up and won't put it down till you've devoured it. Suze is a no-nonsense girl ready to kick-ass whenever necessary, and when your the mediator kicking ass is part of the territory. Pair her up with her super hot roomie Jessie and you get 6 books that you never want to end. My only complaints are that it still hasn't been picked up for movie rights, seriously. That and It ended, I didn't want the series to end, it's been like 5 years since I picked up the first book, and I'm still waiting for Meg Cabot to change her mind and carry on the series.
on 2 September 2013
I read these books first as a fourteen or fifteen year old, borrowing them from a local library repeatedly. At the time I read a lot of Meg Cabot's teenage books - The Princess Diaries (all of the series), Teen IdolHow to be Popular: ... when you're a social reject like me, Steph L.! &Tommy Sullivan is a Freak
All of these other books are good, and I enjoyed them, but I haven't returned to them in the way I've returned to the Mediator books since. Apart from anything else, I enjoy the Mediator series because compared to the others I find it so much easier to wholeheartedly like the protagonist - she is not, like some of Cabot's other protagonists, unrealistically perfect/popular, irritatingly vapid or self-centered, or simply on the third of fourth reading somewhat two-dimensional. This is not to say I don't like the other books - I really do! This series though I love because the heroine is independent, something of a role model, acknowledges her flaws, and is interesting. The romantic plot is also not forced into centre stage - she is allowed to be a girl who has a life NOT entirely consumed by finding a boyfriend.
I bought this (and the rest of the series) so that I could reread the books I loved and see if they are still just as good as they were - and was relieved to find they were as good a read at 20 as they were at 15.
on 3 December 2013
enjoyed the 3rd and 4th instalments of the Mediator series. Suze has to deal with spirits aplenty who want her friend to join them, and then she tries to solve Jesse's murder. Well written and fast-paced. Didn't keep me up all night reading, but i certainly enjoyed it and would recommend it to fans of the paranormal romance genre.
on 2 November 2014
Borrowed these books from a friend and loved them!! So I had to buy them for myself!! I love that they have both romance and action in the books! Great read! Defiantly recommend! Came in great condition too!
on 27 October 2013
This is a great book for teenagers and keeps them enthralled with the storyline. Plenty of ghosts and action for the evenings when you want to relax but not too sexual as some teenage books can be.
on 19 February 2013
I bought this as a xmas present for my niece - arrived in good time and well packaged. My niece was very pleased with her gift
on 2 December 2015
Finally have the last book!
on 13 January 2016