Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 July 2011
Having read all the previous books in the Donovan Creed series I was a little apprehensive that it might have run out of steam in THE LOVE YOU CRAVE, but I'm pleased to say that it's quite the opposite. This is definitely the best so far. All the old characters are there but with a few great surprises. Not only have the characters been further developed but also it seems Locke's writing. There are more twists in this one than the previous Creed adventures and the usual amount of graphic sex, violence and witty humour that is Locke's trademark. Hard to put down and I can't wait for the next instalment. If you haven't read the previous books I do recommend reading those first, but this still works as a stand-alone novel. At this price it really is an absolute steal!
on 11 July 2011
I am a great fan of the the Donovan Creed books and was overjoyed to get the e-mail informing me of the latest edition and downloaded it straight away and read it in a morning.The reason I loved the previous 5 books(ebooks?)is the feeling of constant danger that surrounds Donovan, both directed at him and from him, and the way he deals with it in a ruthless and efficient way. He has the Sword of Damocles hanging over him at all times,as Darwin could fry his brain at any moment,which gives a certain frisson to the narrative.And yet in the latest story we don't get enough of his nemesis and collaborator,Callie.Then he neutralizes his implant, which takes away the aura of menace emanating from him and frankly his raisons d'etre.As for introducing his daughter as a full blown killer,it does not ring true, a father as proud and protective as him would not just accept that of his daughter.
I continue to be an avid fan of John Locke and this will not stop me downloading more of his work(Got 2 more today!), but could this franchise could be running out of steam?
on 29 July 2011
Well written,well told and well plotted.Fast paced and with a spoonful of humour this is a thoroughly entertaining read.
highly recommended
on 12 August 2011
I have adored this series of books! I have just come away from a bad reading experience with i book that i could not even be bothered to finish. I knew there was a new Creed novel and for 86p it was the top of my list to download next. Such a wise choice. Love the writing, love how far out and mad the plot line is, fast pace and just a real page turner. Creed is my fall back guy. You know what your getting if you are just after a good fun bit of reading! Thankyou Mr. Locke for Donovan Creed!
on 16 September 2013
Well, I have NEVER read a book and physically dropped my jaw in surprise as a plot twist is revealed. No never. I might go 'OOooo, ah yes of course!' or 'well well well' (with one eye brow raised) but I actually said the words O.M.G. (ok, it was a bit stronger) aloud when 'it' was revealed. No I am not saying what 'it' was because it wouldn't be fair. Well done John - another really good read.
on 11 June 2014
rounds off the last 7 books and draws some threads together. If you have got this far you must like the first 7! I felt this was one of the better - not quite so silly and slightly more believable than many of the earlier books. Still wondered if he would ever really get into the situations he does - but if you don't take it too seriously they are fun reading, quite short and not too taxing
on 8 December 2013
The start of this book was interesting and the introduction of Creeds daughter into more of a main character was good. I enjoyed that section of the book. However the rest of the book is very same as the last and getting a bit repetitive. However I am still finding them strangely addictive. They also getting more comical and unbelievable in their story line, is this intentional?
on 6 September 2014
Took me awhile to realise the relevance of the character Maybe Taylor. When I did it all made sense and again it was the typical way that the book goes in a whole new direction

Another enjoyable read and I look forward to reading the future escapades of Donovan Creed
on 18 February 2013
The Love You Crave, Donavan Creed book 8. A few more twists and turns in this story. As the book series continues, Creed seems to be indestructible, book by book, more like a superhero than an assassin. But still an enjoyable read.
on 15 January 2013
An easy to read book which has several twists which keep the reader engaged. As with all the Donovan Creed books, I find them 'un-put-downable' and read them well into the wee small hours.