The only authorised guide to the many New Zealand locations used in the filming of all three Lord of the Rings films.
Since the first screening of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring in 2001, New Zealand has become the embodiment of Middle-earth to millions of moviegoers and Tolkien readers the world over.
This definitive full-colour guidebook, completely updated and expanded since it was first published as a New Zealand exclusive edition for Christmas 2002, showcases the principal movie set locations around New Zealand as seen in all three films. A perfect book for those swept away by the beauty of the locations in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, it includes:
• Maps and location directions
• Useful touring information including accommodation, food and entertainment suggestions
• GPS references to location sites
• Exclusive movie photographs, plus stunning before-and-after photos by the author
• Sections written specially by Peter Jackson (Director), Alan Lee (Designer), Richard Taylor (Special FX) and Barrie Osborne (Producer), plus contributions from all the actors