* The latest volume in this critically acclaimed and best selling series moves us backwards, for the first time, into the 1950s and offers another stunning cross-section of hits, flips, flops and rarities that found their way across the Atlantic ocean, for the first time, via the London American label.
* With most tracks specially chosen to complement, rather than duplicate, existing Ace CDs, it's a pleasure to note that only two of the 28 cuts can be found elsewhere in the Ace catalogue.
* As always, Ace's selection is laden with big names of the era and with big Hot 100 hits, some of which actually found their way into the UK Top 40 too. Iconic US labels that this collection draws on include Chess, Sun, Atlantic, Big Top, Ace (MS), Specialty, Jamie and many more.
* In keeping with Ace's mission statement to master from the original tapes that were used to manufacture the London 45s and 78s, wherever they still exist, 20 of the tracks here were sourced from London tapes. The sound you hear here is exactly as you heard it then!
* 2011 will bring three more releases in this series, from 1963, 1958 and 1957, each one laden with more collectors' gold from the greatest ever UK home of classic American music.