* Ace's highly acclaimed year-by year overview of the great American music that came out in the UK (and elsewhere) on the London label continues apace.
* The contents of the 1962 volume embrace teen, country, early soul, R&B, rock'n'roll, instrumentals and comedy and accurately sum up the label's entire output for that year (166 singles in total). Many of the era's biggest names are featured, and several of the biggest hits.
* The tracks also demonstrate how American music was adapting itself to the demise of rock`n'roll in the pre-Beatlemania years in diverse ways.
* Of the 28 tracks, only four have previously been released on Ace. Additionally, 18 of the tracks are presented directly from the same tapes that were used to manufacture the original London 45s.
* This is sure to please everyone who bought the previous two volumes. The next volume to be issued later this year, will be Ace's first backward dip as we turn the spotlight onto 1959.
THE LONDON AMERICAN LABEL 1960: CDCHD 1237
THE LONDON AMERICAN LABEL 1961: CDCHD 1249