- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Book Publishing Company (9 Sept. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1570671672
- ISBN-13: 978-1570671678
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 17.9 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,386,500 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Lo-Carb Vegetarian Paperback – 9 Sep 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Great tasting, easy to make low carb recipes without meat or cholesterol.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The author explains that she considers a diet of 130-150 g. of carbs per day "low-carb." This is the type of vegetarian diet that made many of us fat in the first place! There's a reason that most of the popular diet plans call for daily net carb consumption of only 20-50 grams: Clinical experience has shown that higher carb counts simply won't do the job for people who have a substantial amount of weight to lose.
This might be a useful book for people on a maintenance plan, who want to take off 10 lbs., or who just want to cut out "white food" (processed sugar and flour) from their diet. The recipes do look tasty! But it's not going to be very useful for the many people who are looking to lose significant amounts of weight and need to restrict their carbs to lower levels to do so.
yummy, easy-to-prepare recipes, this book takes the work out of trying to lose weight on a vegetarian (or semi-vegetarian) diet! The info on the whys and wherefores of various lo-carb diets is also very helpful.