The Legend of Zelda gets a bold new chapter; with this long-awaited sequel to the DS hit Phantom Hourglass. Set one hundred years later, the game features the same stunning cel-shaded graphics and intuitive touchscreen controls.
Control and defend your train as you travel around Hyrule
| Now Link can order around his very own phantom - a magical suit of armour |
| The boss battles are even bigger and more cinematic |
| Touchscreen controls means anyone can play, with no confusing buttons to learn |
Instead of messing about on the water you now have your very own train to get you around, complete with a giant cannon to blast bad guys with as you go. You'll also have to keep an eye on the track layout and switch directions to avoid collisions and successfully reach your destination.
Inside dungeons you now have some special help in the form of a remote control phantom - the deadly bad guys from the last game. Simply by drawing a route on the touchscreen you can get him to fight enemies for you, carry you over dangerous lava or help solve puzzles. It all adds up to Link's most exciting and accessible adventure yet. Key Features
About the Developer: Nintendo EAD Software Group No. 3
- All aboard: The first sequel to the blockbuster Phantom Hourglass, as Link swaps his trusty ship for an all-new steam train.
- Touch control: The entire game can be controlled purely with the stylus, allowing you to move and fight with ease - but also draw notes and diagrams on the in-game maps.
- Pet phantom: Command your very own phantom as he tackles dangerous enemies and traverses areas Link dares not enter.
- Blow up: Utilise all new weapons and items, including a whirlwind you can summon simply by blowing into the microphone.
- Legend of Celda: Amazing cartoon style graphics use the same cel-shaded style seen in The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.
Nintendo's famous EAD (Entertainment Analysis and Development) studio is managed by Mario and Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto. It is split up into six different teams, with number 3 overseeing The Legend of Zelda series, as headed up by Miyamoto protégée Eiji Aonuma.
In The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Link - the hero of the Legend of Zelda series - sets off on a daring new adventure. This game includes a new story, more puzzles and a new mode of transportation - the train. When combined, all these things offer up new possibilities for exploration and problem-solving. This game follows on from The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the Nintendo DS and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker on the GameCube. Maps appear on the console's top screen, while the action takes place on the bottom. Set off on a quest to save the Princess in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks!