Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 5 September 2013
This book is set on a post apocalyptic earth where technologically advanced, humanoid aliens have taken over control due to a polar shift and natural disasters that wiped out most of the population and civilisation of earth. It follows Brennan and his daughter on a journey of discovery to identify what these aliens' intentions really are and just what is happening to the people remaining on earth.
I found that the more you read the book the more interesting the story gets. There is a good conspiracy theory that runs throughout the book and it all comes together well at the end with an exciting final few chapters. It is full of out of the ordinary concepts and well rounded ideas.
The proofreading of this book is questionable which is a shame as it sometimes distracts from a story that has potential to be very popular.
The author uses detailed descriptions and has developed the main characters well. I particularly enjoyed Doctor Baal's devious nature.
For Sci-fi and fantasy fans this is one for you.
on 17 September 2013
The Last Overseer is by far one of the best books that I have read all year. I am a huge fan of the science fiction genre and especially books that incorporate dystopian themes into them, so I was quite excited to jump in and see what this author had to offer. Needless to say, the story went way above and beyond my initial expectations and has left me with an author to keep an eye on. I must admit that I can be quite critical when it comes to sci-fi related books but there's nothing that I would change about this book if I had the power to do so, it's definitely a top quality read.

The plot of this book is unique with a very fresh and original storyline, making the best of some classic science fictional elements with the author's own unique twists that kept the read entertaining and intriguing for me from start to finish. It's evident to me that the author has wrote this book with not just time and effort, but also with passion and lots of thought due to the how well-refined each chapter is and how smooth the book flows. I will definitely be looking out for future releases by Anton Troia.
on 11 July 2013
Interesting book with many twists and turns. The rating was not higher because the proof reading before it was published was evidently poor. Various duplicated paragraphs were found and dozens of typo's throughout. Nevertheless it was a relaxing read. The hint at a romance was in the end unnecessary as it never truly materialised but a good first novel and I will buy the sequel once written.
on 12 January 2014
The author has a keen mind for sci-fi but there wasn't a lot of action at some points due to the need to give us the back story.

Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of zombies (this is a read for review from a zombie group) and they were merely a back story till the end but as a sci-fi a great read on the dangers of humans and our destruction of the planet.
on 13 November 2015