Price:£18.00+ £3.99 shipping

on 21 February 2014
Having seen the film, my children were keen for some lego to re-create the scenes. We bought the 'melting pot' set, which was great fun - they managed to do it together (aged 7 and 5) and I was really impressed, but........

This set is all that and more......it's great to do, they had such fun, were able to read the instructions and complete it easily TOGETHER! (no squabbling!!!) without shouting for me to do a bit - I have found some lego sets are just beyond them and it ends up with me doing it all and they get frustrated......

So anyway, this set is great to assemble, but this was the brilliant bit, all the pieces were so unusual, so even when you have assembled it, played with it and then long forgotten the movie, you would have some amazing unusual lego pieces in your set to then get creative with - if you've seen the film you will appreciate the following! this is great for both Emmet's following the plans and also for Master Builders who want some creative pieces on which to unleash their creativity! ENJOY - highly recommend.
on 26 July 2014
What an incredible price for all the things the get. Emmett, Wildstyle, Robot Figure, a cute snail figure and Unikitty minifigures would usually cost the price of this whole thing so the added Cloud Cuckoo is amazing. The pieces allow you to follow the instruction or to indulge your creative side. You also get a small amount of extra left over pieces just in case, including the piece of resistance! Very pleased.
on 11 April 2014
I bought this so that I could have Uni Kitty and the snail on top of my computer at work, and found myself building the rest of the set one wet and windy weekend afternoon - I'd forgotten just how much fun building Lego was (I am well over 30 now!!!).

This is a lovely set and would appeal to little girls in particular (at risk of really gender sterotyping!) - is is much more a 'typical' Lego set than the Lego Friends that seem to be aimed at girls.
on 4 April 2014
Lego = excellent as always. I bought this for my sons birthday knew he would love it after seeing the film and he does has spent hours playing with this set
A word of warning if you intend buying this for collection purposes or as a present - Amazon shipped it to me on its own in a media-type cardboard sleeve that was neither the right size nor the right shape for its contents. Subsequently, the product's box arrived crushed and split at one end, and I had to open it to check its contents; fortunately, the product itself appeared undamaged.

As with some of the other small LEGO Movie sets, if you're an adult and you buy this there's a chance that it's for the minifigs. You get a small section of Unikitty's Cloud Cuckoo Palace here, but it has only the barest of functionality, limited to a couple of spinning disc things joined together by Technic cogs, and a separate catapult flipper for launching two psychedelic plant pots. As a display piece it's nice and whilst the play value isn't great, younger LEGO fans would undoubtedly get more out of it.

In respect of its minifigs, you get Emmet and Wyldstyle (both of which are available on quite a few other LEGO Movie sets), although here Emmet comes with both the piece de resistance and the stud tracking device. Unikitty is one of, I believe, seven different versions, the first (Super Happy) version and the polar opposite to the Super Angry Kitty you get with the Batman small box set. The last minifig is Executron, the only properly unique figure in the box (if you don't include the brick snail), which comes with a pair of handcuffs. Said snail is made up of a bunch of ordinary LEGO bricks and, although not technically a minifig, is still pretty cool.

This was one of the last LEGO Movie sets I bought to round off my collection, one I put off getting because I wasn't sure if the included minifigs justified the purchase. In the end, I'm glad I got it because it makes a nice display piece and is one of only a couple of sets with the piece de resistance. Emmet and Wyldstyle are a bit bland but this version of Unikitty is as funky as ever, and given that Executron is only available with this set, if you're a LEGO Movie completist then you pretty much have no choice but to get it.
on 11 April 2014
Brought for a girl who'd seen the movie twice! The picture on her face said it all when she opened it! Perfect!!! Would recommend to any Lego Movie fan!!
on 7 July 2014
Box was smaller than expected but my 7 year old son loves it!! really nice pieces, he makes all sorts out of it, and plays for ages making up stories. Some unusual pieces in it and because I liked the unikitty that came with it, I had to get it as a keyring for myself!!
on 16 April 2014
Bought this for my grandson's 8th birthday. He had already seen the Lego movie so this was ideal. It isn't as big as I expected for the money, but then Lego isn't cheap. He was thoroughly delighted with it though and that is what it is all about.
on 23 July 2014
My 6 year old daughter is really into lego at the moment and this is a nice and girlie set for her to build. It has nice bright colours.
She has already made the snail and uni kitty so far!
on 9 July 2014
Great little LEGO Movie set, worth the money for the Unikitty minifigure alone. Short and simple build. Much fun. Everything is awesome.

See one answered question