England, 1326. Edward II has been dethroned. Queen Isabella and her lover, Sir Roger Mortimer, are at the pinnacle of their power. Fated to rule, Isabella's son becomes King Edward III at the callow age of fourteen. Young Edward, however, must bide his time as the loyal son until he can break the shackles of his minority and dissolve the regency council which dictates his every action. When the former king is found mysteriously dead in his cell, the truth becomes obscured and Isabella can no longer trust her own memory . . . or confide in those closest to her. Meanwhile, she struggles to keep her beloved Mortimer at her side and gain yet another crown-France's-for the son who no longer trusts her. Amidst a maelstrom of shifting loyalties, accusations of murder propel England to the brink of civil war. In the sequel to Isabeau, secrecy and treason, conspiracy and revenge once again overtake England. The future rests in the hands of a mother and son whose bonds have reached a breaking point.
N. Gemini Sasson is the author of six historical novels set in 14th and 15th century Scotland, England and Wales, including The Bruce Trilogy and Isabeau, A Novel of Queen Isabella and Sir Roger Mortimer (2011 IPPY Silver Medalist in Historical Fiction). Her latest release is Uneasy Lies the Crown, A Novel of Owain Glyndwr. Long after writing about Robert the Bruce and Queen Isabella, Sasson learned she is a descendant of both.
If you'd like to learn more about N. Gemini Sasson's books or how to stalk her on Facebook, Twitter or via her blog, just go to www.ngeminisasson.com.
Books by N. Gemini Sasson:
- In the Time of Kings (Time Travel Romance/Adventure, set in medieval Scotland) -
***Release date Sept. 14, 2013***
- The Crown in the Heather (The Bruce Trilogy: Book I)
- Worth Dying For (The Bruce Trilogy: Book II)
- The Honor Due a King (The Bruce Trilogy: Book III)
- Isabeau: A Novel of Queen ISabella and Sir Roger Mortimer (The Isabella Books)
- The King Must Die: Murder and revenge in the time of Edward III (The Isabella Books)
- Uneasy Lies the Crown: A Novel of Owain Glyndwr