on 5 August 2010
Stuck on the sofa after a knee op I ordered a few DVDs for a French cinema session. We had seen Delicatessen a couple of times before and found it really funny with echos of Brazil. This collection and MicMacs confirmed just how quirky these guys are! Its a whole other world they create and they present it beautifully. Very entertaining. I really need to watch carefully more than once to really sort out the plot properly. If you like unusual then these films will certainly tickle your fancy. Tres marrant, super!
on 26 August 2010
I really enjoyed Amelie and found myself wanting to watch more of Jean-pierre's work. I had borrowed Delicatessen from a friend and I decided that this was a great offer to have 3 films form the him. The short film is not my cuppa tea but the other 2 are great and so for the price you cant complain.
on 25 February 2011
Two wonderful French films that I am sure will stay in your imagination for years to come.
I believe these films are as good if not better than Guillermo Del Toro's civil war fairy tale fantasies.
on 30 April 2012
Here is a team with vision and skill. The products are extraordinary, modern twists on sci-fi and fantasy, utilising all that is wonderful about French film, but with so much more. Delicatessen, need it be said, is absolute genius, and it is this flick that made me gamble on the other two. A sensible move; I was always a bit 'standoffish' with 'Lost Children', but after another watch, and now seeing where it came from, i.e. off the back of 'Bunker', I am a fan. These flicks will entertain me many times, and I've not even yet contemplated any DVD extras there might be (apologies for setting hopes high if there are none). Sit back for some wonderful quasi-diverse cinema.
on 19 March 2015
a brilliant collection , would recommend this box set to everyone
on 29 December 2015
i love french movies - these dont fail to entertain
on 6 June 2009
Jeunet And Caro Collection [DVD] [1991]
saw the 'City of Lost Children' at the Sci-Fi-London film festival in April, where I met Marc Caro himself!!
and wanted my own copy of a magical surreal movie, beautiful set dressing, and fantastical people,and Ron Perlman as a gentle giant
like all Caro films a feast for the senses...
'Delicatessen'?...just watch it and be scared and amazed..and now I am learning to play the musical saw...
nuff said ;-)
on 16 October 2013
Classic films with music scores to die for! These bear watching over and over again. - possibly bordering on the sureal so may not be to everyone's taste (especially "Delicatessen"). The acting is superb throughout.
on 5 September 2015
A watershed in cinemategraphic art.
on 13 May 2013
I'm a big fan of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's films. He has my eternal gratitude for AMELIE, MICMACS, and THE VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT. I could hardly resist buying this DVD. With my expectations so high I was almost sure to be disappointed...and I was...slightly. Delicatessen has all the hallmarks and oddities of the films mentioned above, it didn't quite hit the bulls-eye for me, but was still very enjoyable. Much the same goes for City of Lost Children. They needn't have bothered with Bunker of the last gunshots. So...not quite the gem I was hoping for, but still pretty good.