Boris Johnson, Mayor of London
"Hugo Dixon is the Johnnie Cochran of the European Union - he has done a superb job of defending the indefensible!"
Timothy Garton Ash, Professor of European Studies, Oxford University
"This is a crisp, pithy and very realistic account of why Britain would be mad to leave the EU – and can make it better if it stays in."
Martin Wolf, Financial Times Chief Economics Commentator
"Whether or not to stay inside the European Union is the most important decision now confronting the British people. Hugo Dixon provides a compelling analysis and a convincing answer: the UK should remain inside, while striving to make it better."
In The IN/OUT Question, top financial journalist and entrepreneur Hugo Dixon challenges the received wisdom about the EU and explains why:
• Immigration is good for Britain
• Europe is not heading towards a super-state
• We benefit hugely from the single market
• All the alternatives to EU membership are worse
• Britain has a golden opportunity to make the EU more competitive
• Now is the time to push for change. We shouldn’t wait until after the General Election.
We should fix it, not nix it.