Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 24 July 1998
The "real deal". An industrial strength "how to" for the serious computer artist and graphics illustrator... Sharon's master piece is a gem.
As director of Desktop America a NYC, computer graphics school in NYC, I insist all my Illustrator students use Sharon's Illustrator 7.0 WOW book... We use the tips and techniques in our course outlines and portfolio project development. WOW 7.0 is direct and to the point, "expert how to examples", "a real industry staple" - save time creating professional vector based graphics and get this book
on 3 July 1998
I was very disappointed by the content of this book. Especially since I had gotten a lot of use out of the Wow!Photoshop book. Very little linear direction and a less than intuitive cd make this book a reference for ideas or tips but certainly not a tutorial. And now that I have learned Illustrator I can't imagine why I would need it. Also, the fall back line used liberally throughout "this is covered in the Illustrator manual" was like a teacher reminding you that you should have done your homework. P-U!
on 22 May 1998
I found this book to be a great aid when I was stuck on certain points. Some information is left out, but only because there is so much content to begin with. Not for the beginner but possibly the intermediate. The CD enclosed is packed with clip art and actual work done by professionals. I can only dream of becoming that good, but with the help of Illustrator WOW! it can become a reality.
on 10 April 1998
This book is full of information, but only useful if you are familiar with Adobe Illustrator. It can be very confusing to the beginner. If you are somewhat experienced with Adobe Illustrator, this book can be very helpful to get to the next level. If you are a beginner, stay away. Try Real World Illustrator 7 instead, it is much more basic in its approach.
on 26 November 1997
Sharon Steuer has gathered an incredible array of artists and painstakingly dissected their work. Even if you only learn one or two techniques from this book, you can turn yourself into a professional artist making big $$$.