Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 June 2003
When designing your training sessions one of the keys to success is hooking in your delegates straight away. This pocketbook may be small, but is crammed with excellent ideas on how to grab the group and set the scene.
Unlike other icebreaker books I've seen, the authors of this one have gone one step further and grouped them under common course headings. So under "Communication" there are 10 activities for you to choose from!
I tried the "First Impressions" icebreaker recently on a Presentation Skills course. I didn't need any materials or to spend lots of time preparing, yet it really set the scene well for talking about how your audience perceive you within the first few minutes of your presentation. So I already feel I've got my money's worth! (£6.99 for 40 creative ideas - you can't go wrong!)
So if you are looking for some fresh new ways of livening up your workshops and engaging your group then this is the book for you!
on 12 June 2003
This book has become an invaluable guide in our training department, where we were having to take a "one size fits all" approach to dealing with individuals with diverse needs due to the cost of sending our team on expensive networking and communications training - none of which covered the broad range of issues we needed. Tizzard's style is refreshingly staighforward and non-jargonistic, without being patronising. The layout lent itself well to my flick and find method of researching (hurrah)and has obviously been written by a seasoned practitioner as well as intelligent theoretician.
on 15 March 2014
Great little book packed with ideas, used in many team building days as a staring point for the day or as a wake up after lunch
on 3 August 2014
Not what I was looking for at all.
on 3 November 2014
Full of great icebreakers.
on 3 February 2016
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
on 27 September 2009
An interesting read with lots of ideas however probably better for business users or large team environments.