on 9 November 2013
I'm getting to like these "megapacks", they are great value for money.
This one contains a lot of the more classic stories, including M R James and Bram Stoker, although I didn't think that this was the most interesting group of stories.

I bought this because it had H P Lovecraft's "The Hound" in it- a great story I've never seen in any other anthology, it scared me when I first read it as a young teen and was the first Lovecraft tale I read ("Dagon" also gets an airing in this collection).
It was well worth buying just for that story, and cost just pennies.

I'm getting to really like the megapack series. The covers are a bit garish (the one on this collection being particularly odd), but you can pick up long forgotten stories that never see the light of day, for next to nothing.
Ok, some are long forgotten because they are junk- but a lot are just a bit old fashioned or get eclipsed by the writer's later, more famous tales.
I was a bit dubious about this collection before purchase, as I have had the odd bad experience with cheap Kindle bundles of material. But I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, this has its bad points. There is no table of contents at all, interactive or otherwise (though the list of stories given in the product description is accurate); there are typos, and some formatting errors here and there. But you can still read all the text and without strain, and the selection of tales is pretty good. There are some very familiar items which have been anthologised many times, but there are some relatively rare ones, and some I'd never come across before. Not all are strictly horror; one or two are more pulp adventure or thriller. But I enjoyed reading them and found it well worth the price.
on 2 February 2014
.v ery pleased with it will buy again and save in my favourites folder come on why so many words if someone is happy with the product
on 15 January 2015
Well worth the nominal fee for the download as this book has several hours of reading to it. 25 stories, mostly of a fairly traditional style, nicely presented and with few typos. Fans of Clive Barker or Graham Masterton may find this collection a little tame but if you like old school horror then there is plenty here to keep you interested.
on 6 September 2012
Whilst the stories contained within this collection are, by and large, beyond reproach the presentation of this Kindle book leaves quite a bit to be desired.
Formatting and typographical errors are prevalent throughout and this detracts but is by no means a deal breaker.
Some of these stories are difficult to come by and only available in long out of print editions and so because of that I do feel it's a worthy purchase.
I just wish the publishers had taken a little bit more time with the presentation of it.
on 3 July 2012
Thanks for the review Chinatown Blue. As far as I'm concerned, no interactive table of contents, no sale.

It's strange, because there really isn't that much work in creating a working table of contents - I know because I've done it.

Edit: in fairness I should add a comment in this prominent position. I have been told that Chinatown Blue is wrong and there is an interactive table of contents, although for some strange reason at the back of the book. On that basis I might well buy a copy myself.
on 2 December 2015
Plenty of good reading
on 15 May 2015
Love it xx
on 25 October 2014
Rubbish
on 6 December 2012
Glad it was only 49p, found them tame and boring. Missed three stories, could not get into them. Not my cup of tea.