Format: HardcoverChange

on 2 July 2013
I was disappointed with this book as it was no where near as comprehensive or meaty as his other books which took time to read; I read this in almost one sitting.

The content was so similar to that of William Glasser's Choice Theory and Reality Therapy ideas that if you put this book along side those of Glasser's you would have a complete and much more comprehensive picture. Glasser could not use epigenetics in his theory as it was written in the 1960's.

Bruce Lipton repeats a lot of what he has said in his other books in this one which means that if you've already read those then there is little that is new in it apart from his touching personal story.

I do appreciate that if this is the first book of this ilk that you read it will probably whet your appetite to know more. I loved Lipton's other books and his talks and felt that they added to my knowledge, I'm just not too sure about this one.

A note to Hay House - it is a shame that the book reviews on the cover and inside are all from your authors; someone outside the 'family' may have carried more weight.
on 17 December 2013
Disappointing as a sequel to the Biology of Belief. Expected more! Some interesting ideas but much of it was rather obvious filler.
Not enough serious content from a man I truely admire and like to hear from.
on 17 March 2015
This book is certainly not a page-turner; I struggled to read it and after page 106 simply thumbed-through the remainder. I was expecting to learn something more about cell biology and what came across was a confessional about the writer's limitations with relationships. What he said has been known from as far back as the 1950s to my knowledge. Like the cobbler, he should stick to his last. He should re-examine the effect of imprinting which is a feature of nature and not nearly as limiting as he suggests. Harmonious relationships depend on the maturity of the individuals involved. There appears to be a child in most of us and that child requires to be recognised and tamed in a similar manner to taming and training a pet dog. The child can be recognised through the props to one's life. Prior to projecting blame and misfortune on to others first look at one's part in one's own misfortunes. An understanding of how to manage conflict is imperative to the survival of long-term relationships; it is the epoxy-resin that joins us and keeps us together and in its wake it brings profound joy and happiness. Writing on the topic of relationships is manifestly beyond this writer's specialisation. Young people and those without knowledge may benefit from reading this book but my guess is that it would serve only to confuse them.
on 22 November 2013
I have followed Bruce Liptons teachings for a while and I have found his work interesting and intriguing. I came to this book with high expectations which unfortunately were not met.

It appears to me that he describes concepts - such as how the subconscious minds create 2 further personas - as something new and that of his own making. Instead what he is describing is a well known psychological concept - albeit vaguely and incoherently.

There is a lot of "me" "in my life" and " this happened to me". As if the whole book was about him finally waking up to what relationships are about. Nothing wrong with that but don't sell these concepts as your own just because they are new to you and you have a vague grasp of them.
I
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2013
Wonderfully insightful book. Fans of Bruce will love the peek I to his I intimate life. If you are new to his work you will want to immediately read his previous books to understand the 'New science' better and in turn know yourself. Great read.
on 18 October 2015
This book is a must read for everyone. An easy read, it's a fresh perspective on saving the world by starting with one's own happiness.Conscious relationships mean conscious parenting which has the power to change the future of humanity and the planet.Dr.Lipton is a scientist and a mensch.He manages to make a complex subject highly entertaining.Just read it!
on 17 May 2013
Lipton seems like a nice guy and genuine in what he says, however this really is quite facile and not (in my opinion) very well written. The 'love letters' at the end although confirming an ethos are a bit hard to stomach, I'm not sure that anyone should really share their 'pet' names; what's cute at home and with the under 5's perhaps isn't quite what you expect form a Ph D writing on improving relationships with 'science' in the title.

The resources section at the end might well prove to be useful though………..Sorry Bruce!
on 28 June 2013
All is in it, for a physician who is in touch with his soul, to find the strength, the courage, to develop another model, a new paradigm, in medical care.
Bruce is an inspiration for all of us, health professionals.
Never give up. It's never too late! You can do it too !
Fall in love with your life, find your spirit and go for it. There sure is a partner out there, waiting for you.
And then, imagine how powerful you can become for your patients !
Is that a win-win situation ? Yes or yes?
Dr Dominique Dock MD
on 4 July 2013
Yes it is a very practical book for a couple and since I am not in partnership as such I can only recommend it for couple who what to grow together. Bruce is very open and concrete
on 22 June 2013
This covers the same science as "Biology of Belief" but takes the implications into relationships. Because he is writing about his own and his wife's personal experience he can demonstrate how you can radically improve the quality of your life and relationships by changing your beliefs. Bruce Lipton explains how he changed his subconscious beliefs. As the modalities that he used may not work for everyone he also added a section listing the resources that you could use to help change your subconscious programming. It was a delight to read