on 5 February 2013
This is an absolute must read for anyone interested in Martial arts or Chinese Philosophy. It is clear and very easy to read, and provides great insight into the practice of Kung Fu. I really enjoyed it and recommended it to everyone in my club.
I liked the academic approach to the topic as well, it is extremely well research, and yet expressed in the language of a true practitioner.
One of my top martial arts book!
on 21 February 2013
As a beginner to Kung Fu, I found it a perfect introduction. It successfully combines the evolution of the martial art together with the history of China, explaining how the context influenced the history of Kung Fu. It is dynamic, engaging and it left me wanting to read the next one...when ever it comes out. It is a great book for anyone wanting to know more about Kung Fu and the history of martial arts.
on 31 March 2013
and inspiring reading. Absolutely jam-packed with information and very easy to read. A must read for all martial artists, anyone interested in China, its history and philosophy, and indeed anyone who is interested in the 'art of living' not just the 'art of fighting'. A great place to start exploring...
on 18 November 2012
This is a great book for any keen student of kung fu who wishes to understand the history and development of kung fu and the philosophy underlying the art. It provides an introduction and well written overview of the development of kung fu over the various Chinese dynasties and a look into the philosophical aspects underpinning the practice of kung fu.
on 7 February 2013
A well researched and put together book. Bringing together the often separated physical and philosophical aspects of Kung Fu into an easy to read and understandable book. Recommended to any one who is interested in China especially the martial arts and philosophy.
on 3 January 2014
I have not read this book. I bought as a Xmas present. My son, the receipient, told me
he enjoyed it and thought it was very good book