Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 May 2014
Having read both the first book and second book in the series, I was really excited about this installment. Expectations were high!

It was brilliant. My favourite yet. Once I started, it was impossible to put down and I finished it within a day.

I loved the new characters and the adventures through China. However, my favourite part was definitely the part based in Shakespeare's London. It was incredibly vivid and you really felt you were there. Knowing the area that was described well, I was absolutely fascinated.

As an adult, I recommend the book highly for anyone looking for an adventure, a bit of escapism and a really good read. Of course, it goes without saying that kids will love it.
on 21 May 2014
This is the 3rd book in the History Keepers adventures and far and away my favourite. Now the reader knows the characters and understands the secret society, less explanation is needed which allows the story to flow.

I finished the book in less than a week as I was hooked. I found the imagination behind the story breath taking and enjoyed the descriptions of the locations/buildings. The story continually surprised me which made it an exciting and unpredictable adventure. I would be cautious with younger readers as it was very graphic during some of the fight scenes but I am sure many older teenagers will enjoy the graphic description.

I did not foresee the ending and just hope there is a 4th book coming soon.
As soon as the second history keepers story came to a close, I was dying to get my hands on the next book in the series. While these books aren’t great works of literary fiction, they are fun, entertaining and educational and are therefore quite enjoyable reads. Damian Dibben has created a set of stories that pull you in and keep you going, and quite simply continue to make you want more. So, when I finally got my hands on the third book and enjoyed it just as much as the first two in the series, I was very much relieved. And guess who is now craving the fourth book? These books definitely have an addictive side to them, and Damian certainly knows how to keep the reader on their toes!

Jake is back again with another mission to save the world from the clutches of an evil villain. This time he is sent back to Jacobean England. But when things don’t go quite according to plan, they set sail for China during the same time period. This time they’ll get it right, because this trail may lead them to Jake’s missing brother. Once again Damian has shown that he can write a truly exciting, fast-paced, emotional novel. Nightship to China has an interesting plot and it is hard to put this book down as the adventures continue to spike. Add in the subplots between the characters and you have a book that is really enjoyable and fun.

By now we know who Jake, Topaz, Nathan, and Charlie are and what they’re like and yet Damian still managed to bring new dimensions to these characters. Jake goes through a lot in this book and you can see how much he grows because of it which I thought was great. There is also the chance to see a new side of Nathan, helping him to feel more realistic while still bringing comedic value to the book. Topaz is shown in a very different light in this book, but I have to admit, I still love her! Finally Charlie realises a few things about life too. But there is also Yoyo, the new History Keeper of the book. I disliked her at first but soon found her growing on me. All the characters and their relationships with each other make this book so much better.

This adventurous story is full of action, danger, and heart-stopping moments, all of which are made to feel very realisti due to the brilliant writing style. If anything it is clear to see that Damian is getting better as the series progresses and he learns that much more about his characters. I found the book very hard to put down and once more got very attached to the characters making this a very tense and emotional read for me. This book also once again captured me in a way that historical fiction rarely does and I quickly found myself intrigued with the historical setting of it all, which I just think is one of the best things about these books. But on top of all of that, what Damian is good at is cliff hangers and this book definitely has one of those! It is an ending that will grip your heart and have you begging for more!

This third book in The History Keepers series is just as entertaining as the first two. It is full of amazing, well-developed characters that will ultimately pull at your heart-strings. It has a healthy dose of drama, interesting relationships, and is chock-a-block with action, suspense, and fast-paced scenes that will take your breath away. Add in a great plot, emotional rollarcoasters, and an atmosphere of fun and I’m sure you’ll realise why I love this book so much. So, if you’ve read the first two books in this series, you should definitely get to reading this one so you don’t miss out! And if you haven’t yet started the series, I would also highly recommend that you get to doing that! Furthermore, I should also note that I feel this book is one that can be read without the first two but I’m one of those people that has to read a series in order regardless!
on 17 May 2014
Another fabulous swash-buckling roller-coaster triumph of an adventure through history from Mr Dibben. Adored the weave through Shakespearian London and tense battling on the 17th century China seas. Loved it!
on 10 July 2014
I have been looking forward to reading it since finishing the second book. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
An absolutely fabulous read for all ages. From the minute I picked up the first book in the series ( the storm begins) I have become completely hooked, as has my 9 year old daughter.
It is incredibly clever and written so well, You really feel like you've taken a trip to times past.
It is edge of your seat stuff, which you will only put down begrudgingly.
We really hope there will be another instalment soon. Brilliant!
on 23 July 2014
I have rated the above book a 4/5 it a an action packed thriller with unpredictable twists around every turn. The reason it i did not rate it higher i have simply read a better book. Virals by Kathy Riechs is for teenagers who love sci fi and superpowers
History Keepers i would . Promote to 8-12 year olds who love history and have a keen interest in adventure along with the well being of the planet
on 10 May 2014
This is the Best Book yet by Damian Dibben and one of if not the Best Time Travel Book ever well worth every single Cent!

The Third Book in the series it has everything from a Love Triangle, Family Secrets, Missing Agents, A History Keepers Death, Secret Chinese Fortress, Friction in the Keepers Ranks with a new team member to a Wedding!

If you love The History Keepers try:
* TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow.
* Time Hunters by Carl Ashmore.
* The Girl who Leapt Through Time by Yasutaka Tsutsui.
on 30 November 2014
This book is meant for teenagers, BUT adults can read it as well, I can not wait for the next instalment (book) hopefully there will be another one.
Buy this for Christmas get the first one read it and see what I mean, the next is just as good and the third is excellent keeps you on your toes.
Well worth a read not just for teenagers we Adults love a good read too.
on 30 March 2015
Damian Dibben does it again. I didn't think book 2 could be beaten for thrills and excitement but, I stand corrected! This episode was truly spectacular and gripping in ever chapter. The ending is a real cliff hanger which has left me feeling anxious about how quickly Book 4 can be written! I don't want to have to wait for long.......please!!!
on 10 June 2014
Fantastic Book. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. Couldn't put it down..Please tell me there are more..
I would recommend this book to anyone..A-page-turning-rollercoaster-adventure that keeps it's pace to the very last word..Thrilling..