- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Hidden Truth of World War 2 (8-Disc Set) [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Offering a new perspective on history unique high resolution images show World War II as never seen before This series offers an unprecedented viewpoint of famous battles in Europe during WWII, using recently unearthed reconnaissance photos that were taken during the actual battles. For over 60 years these photographs have remained lost, or forgotten...until now. For the first time these original high-resolution images allow the viewer to track the battle, step by step from the air. Individual stories of courage and heroism can be placed in the exact location where they took place. Using cutting edge technology, unique archive film, re-enactments and extraordinary interviews with the men who were there The Lost Evidence offers a new perspective on history. FEATURING Alamein Battle Of Britain Battle Of The Bulge Breakout From Normandy Crossing The Rhine Operation Market Garden Stalingrad The Liberation of Paris
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. The DVDs are not numbered in chronological order. Thus Alamein is numbered 1. before the Battle of Britain 2. and, even more amusingly the third disc is Battle of the Bulge i.e. numbered before the fourth and eighth discs 'Breakout from Normandy' and 'Liberation of Paris'. My suggested order of watching (subject to my watching the discs!) is 2, 7, 1, 4, 8, 6, 3, 5 (although 7 and 1 might be reversed).
2. on the back of the cover for disc 3 'Battle of the Bulge' is written that this battle commenced on December 14th 1945. By this date the Second World War was over. The Battle of the Bulge commenced 14.12.1944.
I hope these type of errors are not continued in the programme itself.....
People who have never before entered this field of historic DVDs may be happy to have this product but those with some expertise in it would rather consider the "Battlefield" series as by far more analytic and historically more serious into their analysis. It will suffice to say that the camouflage ability of the RAF airfields and the dispersion of their squadrons is portrayed in these series as 'the hidden truth' that contributed to the RAF victory !
The 8 discs are not in any specific numbered order but if you know your history you can watch them chronologically.
The discs cover the following battles-:
Alamein - Battle of Britain - Breakout From Normandy - Liberation of Paris -Stalingrad - Operation Market Garden - Battle of the Bulge - Crossing the Rhine
Very educational and at the same time interesting content.