TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 June 2013
I have to say I am ecstatic about this book I think it's the best handicraft book I've seen this year. Stylish, elegant makes to enhance your home and give it that handmade look. Know-how, inspiration and projects are all found in this fantastic book. Caroline Zoob talks about painting with a needle and her artistry shows through in her designs and the execution of them. In the introduction she talks about materials and the choice of fabric, so important in embroidery work. There is a paragraph on colour with Caroline's observation about green. The book is divided into five chapters. In Making Pictures, Caroline talks about how she is influenced by the countryside and the projects, which include bookends prove it. In Inspired by the Seaside, the nautical theme is beautifully taken care of. On the Edge adds decorative detail to shelf edging, towels, mirror frames, seat covers and more. I really love this section. At the Table will sort out your table linen and make sure your table looks smart. The Soft Stuff is a beautiful section full of cushions, throws and more. Whilst At the Window gives your windows, cupboards and doors a treat. Original work, beautifully presented with easy to follow instructions from excellent clear photos. Embroidery and applique are used in the book and techniques are given at the back of the book. Truly inspiring and highly recommended.
on 18 May 2013
Caroline Zoob's second book and well worth the wait. It is delightful. Lovely ideas for the home. I was very lucky to get hold of a box of her vintage treasures when she was having a clear out - bits of old fabric,ribbons, buttons, threads and lace. Now is the time to use them with the help of this book. If you haven't got her first book Childhood Treasures try to get hold of it as it will inspire you as well.
on 31 May 2013
I love this book was looking for inspiration for some hand sewing projects that weren't to complicated and this book fits the bill. Arrived promptly and was well packaged
on 25 May 2013
This wonderful book is beautifully photographed and written. Both Caroline Zoob and Arber have excelled at their craft and put together the most inspirational and exceptional book. It is a constant pleasure to read page after page you just don't want it to end! The directions and illustrations are precise giving even the beginner the ability to create something special. I look forward the sequel!
on 4 January 2015
A really beautiful book even if just to flick through as the projects and photography are so lovely. I asked Santa for this for Christmas and I'm absolutely delighted with it. I haven't embroidered since I was at school and have been saving bits and bobs for 'the future' and now I've been really inspired to actually do something with these little treasures. I highly recommend this book, especially for beginners, as the Stitches chapter gives detailed instructions and diagrams on how to learn each stitch. This book would inspire experienced embroiderers too, I'm sure, as there are some really super ideas.
on 9 October 2013
I think this is a lovely book for someone who is only interested in embroidery. My fault, but I had assumed there may be more projects than just hand embroidery, so I will not get as much from this book as I had hoped. However, for anyone who loves hand embroidery, this is a must.
on 7 July 2013
So many simple ideas that with a bit of stitching are transformed to sensational gifts or additions to your home decor!
on 6 September 2013
This is an inspirational book, full of lovely creative ideas. I'm busy gathering fabric and threads to enable me to start making some of these lovely projects.
on 15 July 2013
I bought this book after seeing the author at a textile fair, liked her style and her abilities, interesting book.
on 11 July 2013
The book is very informative and just what I wished for. I'm sure I will be embarking on a project soon.