on 19 November 2011
An excellent board game - fun but educational at the same time! The grandchildren become very competitive when playing the Brain Box games, and put we grandparents to shame.
on 12 January 2012
I love this product! Even as an adult I found I learned a lot and had a lot of fun, too! This is definitely worth buying - a great way to learn.
on 30 January 2013
Rather than buy the run of the mill plastic toy for a birthday present i bought the above present as my grandchild is interested in history and this is an excellent way of learning. I would certainly reccomend these products as they are fun and educational and a reasonable price.
on 12 April 2013
We have the world, british history and world history and maths. Love all of these games.. the difficulty is finding enought time to play with all of them. Certainly can be used at differing levels from age 5, as you just ask the easier questions or let the kids look at the card again to check their answer. Educationally tops, and even works for adults after a few drinks. Granted some facts are a little simple, but for kids the info does sink in just by looking at the colour of robin hoods cap or how many arrows he had.. great gift and wish I lived in the UK to buy more of them for all our friends kids !!
on 19 November 2012
I would recommend this to anyone with a 7+ child (or even 6 yo). Great way to learn while having fun and the games can be as long or short as you like. The other advantage is that if there are a few of you playing, the game moves at a good pace as each person only gets 10 seconds to look at their card before answering a question - then it goes to the next player etc...so no getting bored. We have a few brain box games and all are played regularly again and again.
on 27 November 2013
What better way to learn things & have fun at the same time. Never know my brain may start working haha
on 22 February 2016
Great Value - We have a full box full of games - and the kids still go back to this one.

Its size and convenience means that it can be kept out - and set up and played very easily

Suitable for all ages - and everyone learns something during the course of a game.

I imagine that you can combine with the other sets to make a kind of mega trivial pursuit game :-)
on 15 February 2014
Ideal for those people who want to join in but lack any knowledge of the subject. The recommended timings keeps the game moving very well but other aspects of the rules need some reorganisation to keep everyone interested and involved, especially if 4 or more people play. Too many of the questions have little or no connection to the topic.
on 5 April 2016
This looks like a fab game that would be great for all reading-age children to have a go at, bought as present but will be adding to my own children's wishlists! Looks like it would be interesting for grown ups too, which is good as some games aimed at children can be a little tiresome for us poor adults!
on 5 November 2011
This World History Pack in the Brain box series is the least popular in our house. It feels like a prototype that should not have seen the light of day. Too many questions are laughable and bear no relation to History. On the Nelson Mandela card one of the questions is `` How many Penguins are shown ? ``. We ended up abandoning the game because we were all laughing too much.
The other sets we have, Nature, Kings and Queens, Countries of The World, are all much better.