Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

This fifth book in the Area 51 series keeps the series moving at a thrilling pace and kept my rapt attention from start to finish, but the storyline itself does show some frays around the edges. While a lot of things go on simultaneously in different parts of the globe, not a whole heck of a lot seems to happen overall. The newfound reliance of the heroes upon a book written over a hundred years ago serves to slow the story down and make it less believable, and I was disappointed to see a potentially shocking ending sabotaged by a somewhat familiar ruse--it is as if the author chickened out at the last minute from following through on a bold, brave idea. Of course, the addition of King Arthur, Merlin, and the Holy Grail to the storyline fuels the fire of my interests to solar proportions. Some readers may be somewhat disappointed because this book, even more than its predecessors, seems to focus on laying out the groundwork for what is to come later--while I myself was enthralled to see the mystery and complexity of the storyline wratcheted up even higher, some may expect to have a few answers rather than more and more questions by this point in the series. Certainly, everything looks set to explode in the next novel because all of the pieces now seem to be in place for the long hinted-at global conflict between humanity and the alien Airlia. So many questions have been posed so far, it may take at least two more books just to answer them all. If you've read this far into the series, you are in it for the long haul, and we can only hope that the author is able to eventually give us a conclusion worthy of all of this intense buildup. I am still excited about this series, intrigued by some of the little hints and clues that have been dropped along my path, and more than ready to dive into the sixth book.
on 12 July 2012
I have read all of the special forces books that Bob Mayer has written and enjoyed them all
Enjoyed the fisrt book in the series (Area 51) then it went down hill from there.
Has he gone completely mad, he should write about what he know, which i must say is very good and is well informed.
This writer has a very varied imagination, and in his writing he completly ruins all of the myths that he writes about.
Ok i know its fiction but if he carries on writing this rubbish i wont be reading any more of his books
on 21 June 2013
I'm not sure if this is a continuation of a series of books, but I found it a tad confusing here and there, because the author narrates it like I should already know some of the information in it (i.e. some of the characters, both heroes and foes). I did think this was the first of a series of books, but maybe it's not. Other than that, it's a good book that connects aliens, spirituality and mythology. Just the sort of book that I like.
on 28 January 2013
Another gripping instalment sweeps the Area51 series forward. Just when you thought you knew what was happening, and who you could trust, more twists confound your expectations. Really good narrative, great set-piece action scenes, and another head-scratching, must read on climax. And that is just what I plan to do. Bring on "Excalibur!"
on 26 November 2015
So far I am up to book 7 in the series, this is by far the best written series of scifi I have ever read , and I have read a lot , highly recommend you read , very believeable and exceptionally researched , sounds daft but this could explain a lot of mystery surrounding the ancient objects in our world.
on 13 August 2014
If you want to follow the story from the first book you have to buy this book. As I went through the Series 51 books one after the other, I have to say it was becoming slightly tedious having to read so many pages just to arrive exactly where I thought it was heading.
on 28 January 2013
This is a scifi thriller that keeps your attention and leaves you wanting more. The web that Bob Mayer weaves by stitching history, myth, legend, todays tech and good old scifi together is mesmerising. Can't wait to start the next instalment.
on 21 May 2013
The area 51 set of books are a very good read, good plot, good characters, good ideas I have enjoyed them a lot the books do run into each other ---- there is no temporal gap between the books, so as you end one need the next to hand.
on 7 April 2013
An interesting read.
I was impressed with the first book of the series. I found it well written and impressive.
I then went mad and purched the whole series only to find that they became a bit samey and disappointing.
on 23 March 2013
This story is getting silly, very silly. What started of in book1 as a good yarn has as the series progressed got too complicated and
hopeless. To try to include every legend in the story is plain daft.