Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 January 2013
I have both books in the Matthew series. They are terrific. I can't say I have ever read them cover to cover-that would be exhausting.
They are a treasure house of inspiration, explanation,consideration, encourages meditation - when the time is right for you.
If you are reading this then your a lover of the Word so you will understand how you can read Matthew once and get loads out of it then a wee while down the road read it again and suddenly there's something new to savour, again and again.
This is the wonder of Barclay I'd like to think he knew that and so every time you want to find out something in depth or just something you have never thought of before, there is old Willy B. ready and waiting. I have a kindle but like these to be in a paper book; ah the joy of turning a page or passing the book on to be shared with others.
on 14 June 2013
Full of useful snippets that I've highlighted for another time. Interesting insights into Jewish culture and how Jesus' actions and words have a different meaning in that light. It is wonderful for personal study, but be warned you are likely to regurgitate much of it to anyone in your vicinity.
Occasionally very slightly dated, but still totally relevant to living out my faith today.
on 9 September 2014
This is the Bible Study Guide I have been waiting for! He explains meanings of words so one understands exactly what was meant in the original Bible text yet he doesn't preach. Very readable.
Fully recommend and I shall be buying volume 2 soon
on 16 April 2016
Excellent for background information.
on 29 June 2015
Excellent
on 15 October 2014
Good book
on 17 December 2012
New Daily Study Bible: The Gospel of Matthew 1 (Kindle):
You advertise a New Daily Study Bible:The Gospel of Matthew 1, but the illustrated jacket is marked Matthew 2 and the contents are for Matthew 2. I would like to purchase a Gospel of Matthew 1. You have on offer a Matthew 2, which I would buy if I could get the Matthew 1 aswell. Please advise.
on 20 April 2011
Book was brand new, Part 2 was delivered on time and well packed and on time. Now awaiting Part 1.