Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 February 2004
My congratulations goes to the author of this book. It was a very enjoyable read and there were times I just couldn't put it down.
The story is about her harrowing life and how she realised she had a gift to help others by using her physic powers as a medium. If you believe in life after death or medium powers then you too will enjoy this book.
Nicely told and kept me on the edge of my seat.
on 29 June 2005
I bought the book to read on holiday between my paintings. Once I started it I could not put it down and my paintings were put to one side. It was such an eye opener and answered questions that no psychic instructional book ever has. It is not particularly for psychics as it is a fascinating biography. I gave it to a friend who passed it on to her daughter and I am now buying another copy. We all loved it.
Hightly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2006
I bought this book on a whim, after a friend recommended it to me, but I didn't really think that it was going to grab me.

I've read a few autobiographies written by Psychics or Mediums before, and I always got annoyed by the "look at me, I'm so special" attitude that comes across. This autobiography is very different.

Mia Dolan recounts her entire life story, including some very traumatic experiences, and how she became psychic. She comes across as very down-to-earth throughout, and shares how she went from doing a few readings for family and friends, to being the UK's most famous female psychic.
on 9 July 2005
I read this book last summer, I even took it to work with me it was that good, I was gutted when I'd finished! I raved about it to my friend, and she passed it on, and so it went and now I dont have a clue whose got it! Great Buy!
on 2 November 2006
I had always felt a kinship with the spirit world, but I had no experiences until I was 13. After my father died he started speaking to me and told me I was very good at talking to the spirit world and him, many came forward I started receiving amazingly accurate information. It was a wonderful new world and a blossoming of my deepest feelings. I read Mia's book and it was through this book I read for the first time about spirit guides, or simply personal helpers. I loived Mia's book, it is very amusing, very sad, but a great book for any sceptics I come across. Her book prompted me to ask spirit about my guides, and sure enough at my request they introduced themselves. So this book will open a whole new world for all who read it. And Mia was as big a sceptic as anyone when her guide Eric was forced to simply talk to her out of of thin air, this is unusual. A must read for any of the curious and true seekers of ultimate reality, which is far beyond our own eyes, which register so little, if yous wish to see more close your eyes and use your mind and read this book!
on 29 March 2006
Ordinarily, I'm a Stephen King reader and rarely venture past his pages. But a colleague persuaded me to read this book, and I'm glad she did. The gift of Mia Dolan is an amazing phenomenon to read about and her life is a rollercoaster of emotions with laughs, tears, love and tragedy thrown at her from all angles. We begin our journey in Sheerness (where Mia discovers her gift as a young girl) but we're soon taken elsewhere on a remarkable experience up until the [almost] modern day. The love Mia's family have for one another is especially touching and beautiful to read. The book also has some spooky moments when Mia encounters ghosts and ghouls and some beautiful moments when she exercises her special gift, which her spirit guide Eric informs her is intended to help people. Whether or not you believe in God and an afterlife, this is a fantastic read and may answer a few questions of your own along the way...
on 28 June 2003
This book is hard to put down. It really is a great read, although the story is deeply upsetting in places.
It is good to read a book of this genre by a Brit ...it certainly illustrates things in a way that you can identify with.
I look forward to her next book
on 6 May 2004
Found this book a compulsive read. However I felt very uncomfortable with the authors very discriptive accounts of the darker side of her gift. Was left wondering , after the horrendous childhood this lady had , if perhaps her medium powers had not become her means of escape mentally? Have read many books by other mediums but this was very different and was at times harrowing.
Would not chose to read again as it left me feeling low.
on 8 October 2006
i'm not much of a reader ,i saw her on haunted homes and found this book on her . i was glued from the start .her childhood and adult life has heartache and tragedy in it . i read this book in a week ( 1/2 hour a night) i felt for her through all the book ,and anyone who doesn't shed a tear on the last chapter . great book ,i'd like to meet her and see what she can see for me . buy it ,you won't be disappointed
on 10 March 2005
I bought this book, simply because I was bored at the airport. But after I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. It is so interesting to read about the life of somebody who has come from a background that is similar to myself, and has been given a fantastic gift.
I would highly recommend this book, it is both sad and inspiring.