on 10 March 2013
Love this show....hate that it was axed!

However while watching the DVD i got very confused....the episode are in the wrong order.

The corect order should be - 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 7, 14 (as labelled in the dvd).

Series will make much more sense if viewed in this order.

Gave it 4 stars rather than 5 for this error.
on 26 February 2012
I love this program!
I just loved every minute of this very entertaining , glamorous, escapist series.
The girls are so beautiful , likable and all different, none are stereotypes. All superb actors. And their costumes, hair and make up are wonderful. Proper sixties glamour!

This isn't as dark as Mad Men, but its not all fluff either, it does touch on, sexism, racism, politics, art, history and the making of `Modern Girls'.
The women in this program are empowered by their own sense of worth and its so refreshing to see that in a TV program!

Admittedly the first few episodes weren't as good as it later gets. It seemed like they had a small budget, which was letting them down. But this seems to change after episode 4 or so, when the sets and locations become much more elaborate. A bigger budget would have put this on level with Mad Men, I think.

All in all, this is a very watchable series, its glamorous, exciting (some times edge of your seat!) There is an innocence to it that seems deliberate and is enjoyable. Its romantic and moving, emotional and it will make you think from time to time. But overall its quite light entertainment.
The 6 main characters are very likable and interesting. And some there are some good badies too!
I loved the little snapshots into American and European history, and the spy storyline. Also how they played around with time in certain episodes.

I just wish that they had had a bigger budget.

Well written, well acted, well..just great entertainment.

I'm hoping for a second season.
on 21 July 2013
For anyone confused about the running order in which the episodes are meant to be watched, here you go:

01 Pilot
12 Diplomatic Relations
13 New Frontiers
14 1964
on 9 June 2012
Pan Am is an excellent show. Just like No. 1 fan I can't understand why it's been cancelled. It's a great mix between comedy and drama. Many exciting things going on in this first season, and of many of them we will now not know what would have happened next. Big disappointment. I haven't seen the last 4 or 5 episodes of the first season since the channel showing it here in Sweden have not shown them! (And why do some people think that Pan Am is so horribly bad and that Mad Men is so incredibly good? What's so incredibly good about Mad Men and so horribly bad about Pan Am?)I totally agree with Judy about the characters and the actors, they are great. It also gives an insight into the early 60's in the US (how real I don't know though since I wasn't even born then) I'm waiting for the DVD to be released. I would also like to say to No.1 fan, Judy, Kentishgal and NeuroSplicer that I really like their reviews. To others: Read them!
on 18 March 2014
Wish they made another series. Very interesting story line and great sets. Loved looking at the old pam an service
on 9 March 2014
I enjoyed this series; the storyline, characters and locations were all great. One of those shows that you miss when it finishes and look up when the next series will be out. How annoying then to discover that those in charge have decided not to make another series. One wonders just why they made that decision; how very shortsighted.
Thoroughly recommend.
on 14 October 2012
I loved Pan Am! I enjoy any show that transports you back to another age, and does it with such class. I am genuinely gutted that the show has been cancelled for the reason that I felt there were some genuinely great story lines. I enjoyed the way each of the six main characters had different story lines happening, with some crossing over. So gutted because I think it could have been a really successful show!
on 16 February 2012
Pan Am is my favourite show on TV - ever, perhaps. The glamorous crew, the beautiful cities they fly to and the intruiging, brilliantly acted plots make for a perfect mix. What a welcome relief from all the cop shows and daft comedies that dominate the schedules! There is just the right balance of serious drama and lighter fun - the First Officer played by Michael Mosley is hilarious, as is Christina Ricci as flight attendant Maggie Ryan, while Karine Vanasse and Mike Vogel are excellent as Colette and Dean. I can't wait for Series Two!
on 18 October 2014
One of the best TV Dramas I have ever seen...I am fascinated by the old air hostesses, Pan Am, The luxury, how most of the Girls came from poor or at least not well-to-do backgriunds and had a dream to travel and enjoy life..beautiful Locations, Styling and interesting storylines..such a pity it was cancelled..the Show had so much potential
on 26 December 2015
I saw some of the episodes when they were shown on satellite TV a few years back, but didn't see the whole thing. It really is very well done, with the four leading actresses looking very convincing as Pan Am stewardesses in the early sixties. The sets are well done, and shots of the aircraft, which must be digital effects, are excellent. On the whole, the stories are well done, the acting convincing and the locations and details good. There is the occasional blip, for example a sequence set in Monaco in early 1963 features a Jaguar E Type as part of the story, but the producers obviously couldn't find one of the right year, so use a US spec late 60's model instead. Probably a minor point, but it sticks out for those who notice this sort of thing! Don't let this put you off, it really is well done, very watchable. My only complaint is they didn't make any more, which to me was a missed opportunity.