Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£4.49

on 16 August 2005
The first Mandasue Heller book that I have read, I chose it after reading reviews that compare her style to that of my favourite Martina Cole. I would suggest that whilst her style is similar, Mandasue is much less harsh than Martina & Mandasue seems to write about the here & now / the current story rather than offering a history to the characters, which Martina does so entriguingly. Quite a short little read that had me hooked from page 1 throughout. Being a Manchester girl, it was quite nice (if a little scary!) to be familiar with the areas described in the book. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
on 13 March 2006
About 6 months ago there was a Crime Writers night on at my local bookshop and Mandasue Heller was one of the authors who was going to be there. It was only then that I read one of her books - and was I glad I did! The writing is stunning, the characters are incredibly realistic (although most probably aren't the sort I'd spend time with!) and the storyline is fantastically well written. I have since read the rest of her books and she only gets better! You won't be disappointed!
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2005
I have read all of Mandasue Heller's books, it is like opening a big Christmas Present, you start off with the feeling that this is going to be great, and for the most part it is, but as always, the endings are condensed into the last chapter, with no epilogue, as to what happens to the characters you have read about and to a certain extent got invloved with throughout the book..and want to know what finally happens to them...they end abruptly, almost like the author decides the book is too long, lets end it now. It is a shame, as for the most part the stories are well written, and gripping. More polish and substance is needed to conclude her novels.
on 5 June 2008
I like a lot of others heard about Mandasue Heller as her style of writing has been compared to that of Martina Cole and I've read and enjoyed man Cole books. The Front was my first Mandasule book and I wasn't disappointed as the style of writing and the skill of describing people, places and events was evident from the get go. I did however feel like the characters in the book were the stupidest villains ever given airtime and in that regard I thought the story was a little weak.

All in all I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable read and I'll be picking up a few more Mandasue Heller books in the very near future.
on 8 October 2009
Thanks for quick delivery. I took the book on holiday and couldn't put it down.
on 6 September 2004
This was really good. All those Martina Cole fans out there will love this book. I could not go to sleep until I had finished it, a real enjoyable read!
on 5 October 2010
this book was ok,but nothing like what i expected as i was lead to believe if i like martina cole i would like this..sorry but nothing like martina cole.
on 25 June 2011
Have read most of Mandasue Hellers books and enjoyed this one too. If you like Martina Cole & Kimberly Chambers then you will enjoy The Front.
on 2 March 2013
I am sure most people have read a Mandasue book by now and rated her along side Martina Cole, my belief is she has surpassed Martina now.
Her story telling and natual ability to draw you into the plot cause me to wait for each new novel with great excitement.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2014
After reading all of Martina Coles books I was advised to start reading Mandasue Heller and although it was strange getting used to the different dialect used I was definitely not disappointed with the story!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse