Format: HardcoverChange

on 26 January 2006
Well done to Michael Johnstone for an excellent and visually entertaining and (MOSTLY) accurate view of the craft of Fremasonry. It is really very refreshing to read such an unbiased and factual account of the histoy and virtues behind masonry around the world.
Well worth a read for non- masons to get a true and unbised report on the institution and for masons to get a 'potted' history of the craft.
0Comment38 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2010
Great, easy to read book and the content was just what I wanted. By the end of this book you'll be far more knowledgeable about the Freemasons and their history. It does not just look at one version of their origin but takes into account other possibilities too which I thought was good as the beginnings of the freemasons is a little hazy (despite this many books only focus on their links with the knight's templar).

Beautifully presented and enough information contained for it to be very informative without it becoming boring or too in-depth. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of information but it is done in a way that is easy to read and keeps your attention the whole way through. I had a very basic knowledge of freemasonry and although I still have a bit left to read I feel that this book has answered all of my questions and more in an unbiased and factual manner and I am now much more knowledgeable on the subject.

Very happy with book and even happier about the price I paid!
on 19 January 2014
A book for all FM Buffs with an interesting insight into secret Masonic lodges during their inception and the future. Highly recommended reading for one and all.
on 23 January 2014
Bought this book as a present - they were very surprised that there was a book about freemasons so made a good present
on 3 January 2015
As a Freemason I must say this is one of the, best books I have read on masonry.and a great buy
on 15 April 2014
As a freemason myself I am always slightly worried about books such as these with regards to the he content, but after reading it I found it to be a pure delight to read and very easy to follow.
Thankfully not another one of those books that drones on and on about conspiracy and devil worship that for some reason always follows the craft around.
on 13 December 2014
great book some of the best reading I have ever done
on 6 March 2015
Bought for my son who found it very informative and easy to read. Gives a good explanation of Freemasons for the novice. Would recommend.
on 2 January 2016
The person I purchased this for was delighted with it,giving lots of information
he hadn't read about before.
on 2 January 2016
The Book was received by my Son in Law who thinks its wonderful as he is a Freemason. Thank you.