- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
The First Rebel [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Colonial America in the 1760`s is a powder keg of unrest against the English government. Many local colonists have been killed by native Indians armed with rifles supplied by white traders. Rugged adventurer James Smith (John Wayne) and his followers pressure the British governor, Captain Swanson (George Sanders) to make it illegal to trade weapons with the Indians. But unscrupulous trader Ralph Callender (Brian Donlevy) seeks to defy the new laws and hide rifles and rum inside military supply trains to trade with the Indians. When the British authorities fail to bring Callender to justice, Smith organises a posse of his men to intercept the wagon train along with his feisty girlfriend, Janie McDougall (Claire Trevor). The film was originally called Allegheny Uprising but did not fare well in its initial US release. It was retitled The First Rebel for the United Kingdom but was banned by the Ministry of Information for placing the British, who were already at war against Nazi Germany, in a bad light.
still an entertaining film --TCM.com