Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£7.15

on 11 August 2013
Jurassic park meets Arachnophobia and Indiana Jones...absolutely brilliant..Very often part two in a trilogy has a quieter almost stopgap feel setting us up for the big finale of the final edition...NOT this..it is an excellent story in it's own right done by changing the whole environment from the American infection back to the discovery of the source..It follows straight on from the first part of the trilogyThe First Bird: Episode 1 set in the Brazilian Jungle..as our handpicked group search for the native tribe,the first bird,the parasite and the reason the parasite has not infected the tribespeople and the whole of Brazil..from the first devastating discovery at the native homes through to the dramatic escape from the mites homeplace,this is action packed..Our lovely parasite seems almost harmless against some encounters.Yes I am an arachnophobe so thankyou Greig for that!!!!Again brilliant theory behind the story,really well thought out,described,great dialogue,characters and scenarios so straight on to part three I go!!The First Bird: Episode 3
on 2 July 2013
Book two of this three part story continues where book one left off.

The guys are in the jungle looking for the First Bird and a cure for the virus ravaging America. On their journey they encounter some pretty horrendous animals and find themselves in a land that time forgot.

With break-neck action, hideous creatures (seriously, those spiders are going to give you nightmares), heroism and sacrifices this is one of the best books I've read in a long time.

Greig Beck is just an awesome writer and has thoroughly whet my appetite for the final instalment.
on 27 August 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed all three parts of the First Bird, although I had to restrain myself from starting until all three parts were available! A very good mix of a historical trail, a world threatening virus and a small group of characters fighting the odds. My favourite thing about this author though is that he will actually allow events to alter the world! I wait for new books by Greig Beck like a chocoholic does chocolate.
on 23 July 2014
Wow, what an episode this was. It really keeps your interest, the characters a well written and you can't help but react to what they are going through. I was also totally creeped out - it just had to be spiders and BFS at that.
Sean Mangan did a fantastic job with these books, I really look forward to listening to more of his work. I felt like I was there with the characters.
on 15 April 2014
Wow these 3 books are very compulsive reading once you start its hardto put down very well written good story line highly recommend this as a great read
on 1 November 2014
Very gripping. I just had to buy Part II to see what happened. Just coming to the end of Part II and strongly suspect that I am going to have to buy Part III !!
on 24 October 2013
Slightly better than part one, with an element of Jurassic park to it.hope the third part continues in the same vain.
on 9 October 2014