Format: PaperbackChange

on 11 July 2014
Miles is in many ways an ordinary lad, a little different perhaps in that he lives alone with his 'hippy' Dad. He longs for a dog, and it is Christmas - perhaps this year? The story concerns the very unusual dog that comes into his life and the people that he meets, especially a bright French girl who becomes his companion. The story takes us with the children to exciting places and events, and explores different periods of history. These children are very special.
This is a very enjoyable read for children and for adults too, it is well written and informative as well as being a cracking good adventure.
on 13 July 2014
This book is so impressive that it is surprising that "The Final Seers" is a first book. Matt Walton writes in an engaging style which captures the imagination of young and old alike. I am far from Walton's target age range but so enjoyed reading the adventures of Miles and Sophie that it was difficult to put the book down. The book finishes with the reader thinking - what next for our heroes? I, for one, am hoping that this book will prove to be the first of many stories as the two main characters grow into their remarkable destiny.
on 31 July 2014
This is a fantastic book. It may have been written by a new author but Matt Walton could become the next J K Rowling. This book is excellent in gripping the reader and wanting you to read more. I would recommend this book to people who like to read adventurous and mysterious type of books. I give this book 5 stars
on 14 July 2014
Once I got into this book I couldn't put it down. Although aimed at 8-12 years my mum was just as gripped as me and we are really looking forward to the next instalment which I hope I won't have to wait too long to read. Would make a great film too or CBBC programme!!
on 2 September 2014
My wife suggested that I might enjoy this book as a holiday read - and I did. It is written with children in mind, but has a lot of appeal for adults. It is well written, with a clear narrative, and is never predictable in its story line. In places, it is surprisingly educational in its content, so any parent should be happy to let their child read it. It held my attention to tyhe end - i just wonder where the trio will be off to in the follow-up.
on 28 October 2014
This is a treat for anyone who enjoys reading. The Final Seers is a great read! The characters are well drawn, the storyline is compelling and it is easy to get swept away as the events unfold.

I strongly recommend this book. Matt Walton is clearly a talented author (I believe this is his first book) and I can only hope that there will be more stories to look forward to from him. He is one to watch!
on 6 September 2014
A great read and looking forward to the next book. A fantastic mix of ancient powers and modern spy antics.